Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

'Tockeyhead' .. a very fetching fashion plate. A wonderful fusion of colour and design - all they need is a nice string of pearls and a Prada handbag.

Hope they havn't got bad breath and snotty noses all zipped up in there !!

! Lol!

This Nogsy Soldier thing really pisses me off, its an insult to the decent people of Norris Green and to true brave soldiers everywhere. If these kids want to be soldiers maybe they can go to Iraq and Afghanistan and see how long they last.

Libertarian

no wonder Liverpool such has low self esteem and is perceived so poorly from outsiders when our own people belittle themselves in such a manner.

I would LOVE nothing better than to whisk them over and drop them into Iraq or Afghanistan .. let them see what real guns and real war is about. Oh how I'd LOVE to see them cry for their mummies

They don't know the meaning of soldier.

It's a terrible, terrible insult to REAL soldiers. Real Men. Brave men.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    no wonder Liverpool such has low self esteem and is perceived so poorly from outsiders when our own people belittle themselves in such a manner.
    How true that is.

It's so soul destroying - I can't tell you.

It chips away at peoples' self esteem and gradually erodes all hope.

It's so very difficult to keep any optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    It's very true .. I heard about one who was blubbing real tears in the back of a police car. He was all on his 'likkle own without his little pals around him.
    Ha, I've seen better! I've seen a group of scallies piss off some older non-scallie kids, and one of the fleeing scallies get left behind and the sh1t kicked out of him! His over-done 'deep' voice soon disappeared then, I can tell you...

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    How true that is.

It's so soul destroying - I can't tell you.

It chips away at peoples' self esteem and gradually erodes all hope.

It's so very difficult to keep any optimism.
    It's true isn't it the likes of Nogsy soldiers is very offensive to hard working people who live in Norris Green and I can tell you they are still in the majority.

I don't include most people on this site who are proud Liverpudlians but some Scousers are all too ready to play the happy scally role and play into the hands of the southern media who love it when we are done down.

True Nogsy soldiers in fact do exist, They are known as the Duke of Lancasters Regiment(Formerly HQ Kings) and meet up at the TA Centre on Townsend Avenue on Tuesdays 7:30PM

Whats the problem here?, Its only round the street corner!

scouserdave

I thought it was spelt Nogzy, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tockeyhead View Post
    True Nogsy soldiers in fact do exist, They are known as the Duke of Lancasters Regiment(Formerly HQ Kings) and meet up at the TA Centre on Townsend Avenue on Tuesdays 7:30PM

Whats the problem here?, Its only round the street corner!

and .... ??

Well they think they are 'True Soldiers', They can be if they join up in the TA Centre in Norris Green.

Default The Fear in norris Green

After reading all the posts that are saying. Put them on their own make them join the army to become true soldiers etc etc. I have to throw my tuppenorth in. I lived in Norris Green until i was 26. My family and all my friends still live there. I still class my self as a Nogsy girl and feel no shame about it.
    When I was a teenager I was no angel but never hurt anyone. I went to school with and knew by association many of the thugs in Nogsy. It is their children the second generation of thugs who have no honour.
    My friend was broken into 5 days before Xmas she lost her TV(which she still has to pay for) and all her childrens xmas presents. My other friend has had petrol bombings and firework bombings and shots fired at the house 2 doors away from her. Cars used in murders abandoned in her Street. Her husbands taxi takings have been taken twice at knife point. Sat Navs have been stolen whilst he sat in the cab he knew he couldnt do a thing about it. The road where I lived saw my old neighbour attacked thrown out of his house and now it is used by the "strand lads" as place to hang out. These thugs are well known but seem to be above the law, whose hands are tied because no one will give evidence. I dont blame them I wouldnt give evidence either. I never classed myself as a coward and I am always the first to speak out when I see injustice done. But in the case of the Strand lads your hands are tied and your lips are sealed. Yes these are young thugs who would crumble alone. But the fact is they are not alone there is someone waiting in the wings to take over as one goes down. They have an ethos that you hurt one you hurt them all. They will get you. I am not perpetuating scare stories as I see it with my own eyes. I feel the hopelessness in my heart for my friends and my community. The Lads lead a better life than employment can ever offer them and they have time on their hands to do whatever they want when they want.
    Lets not be flippant about this, people live with the fear of the strand lads day after day and no-one so far has been able to do anything about it. They are building Ellergreen and charging over a hundred grand a house. It is doomed to failure unless this place gets cleaned up. It will take a commitment from all the services and a lot of money to do this.
    I pray for my friends sake a solution is found soon.
    (BTW my friends live in what is considered to be the better areas of Nogsy)
    Lynne

I agree Lynn, chopping one head off a Hydra-headed monster does no good at all. They have to be taken down all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Tockeyhead View Post
    Well they think they are 'True Soldiers', They can be if they join up in the TA Centre in Norris Green.
    sorry, I misread your post on that. I didn't twig on to why you were saying that.

Yes, the TA is right there in Norris Green. It's true, they could join up and learn how to be real soldiers. I have a feeling they couldn't hack it tho'

lynee, a very sad and disturbing tale. It's terrible to hear about those awful things happening to your friends.

it's beyond belief that things have come to this, and fear of a few thugs is such that there is no hope.
    I can't believe we are just left to get on with it - parts of Anfield are going the same way - nothing gets done, no amount of Police activity has quelled any of the anti-social behaviour and drug dealing etc.
    Ok, one lot might get swept up, but as you say there are plenty waiting in the wings to step in.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast