Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Norris Green Croxteth Districts

Gun gangs' vile videos of terror

Shock as the mini-gangsters use mobiles to film themselves and their victims in new twist to city crime mayhem

TEENAGE gangs are filming themselves brandishing guns, setting dogs on victims and speeding stolen cars through city streets in a series of shocking promotional videos.

The violent world of Liverpool’s young gangs has been captured on mobile phone videos and sent out to children as young as 11 as teen thugs bid to enhance their reputations and recruit potential members.

The ECHO passed four pieces of footage to Merseyside police, which has launched an investigation into the videos.

The clips show different gang members from Norris Green, Croxteth, and the Deysbrook and Larkhill areas and include:

* A youth with gunshot wounds to his head

* Masked youths showing off loaded shotguns, handguns and ammunition

* Yobs riding motorbikes dangerously and at speed on residential roads

* Youths wheelspinning cars on busy roads

* Speeding cars being pursued by police vans and the police helicopter

* Pit bull terriers being set on people

* Innocent passers-by being filmed as they are attacked in the street

* Dogs fighting

All of the video clips, which are up to three minutes in length, have been edited and include backing tracks from popular rap songs.

One of the clips shows graffiti tributes to 19-year-old gang leader Liam “Smigger” Smith, who was shot in the head outside Altcourse prison last month.

His death was the first fatality in the long-running feud between the Strand Crew and the Croxteth Crew.

Another shows close up footage believed to be of Everton footballer Andy Van der Meyde’s car being wheel spun around a car park.

One Norris Green resident, who asked not to be named, said: “When Liam Smith died the police were round here in force, but a week later it had all died down.

“This guy is being paraded around as a hero. It is a living nightmare around here.

“I have seen what weapons can do and what death is like and I know what one bullet can do, it is not something to be laughed at.”

Chief Supt Andy Ward said: “As well as this footage we have other similar videos and are investigating. There are groups of people in Liverpool who are making these films and glamorising what is effectively criminal behaviour, particularly with impressionable young people.

“The people who are involved in this are very much a minority of the communities and what we don’t want is for people who don’t normally get involved in this sort of behaviour getting involved.

“Police officers will be looking out for anti-social behaviour and people who are have this type of footage will have their phones seized.

“We would also appeal to parents to check their kid’s mobile phones for these images. If they have got information they should be coming forward before it gets out of hand.”

SEE the shocking footage and police reaction - click here

Surely this is serious enough for the armed forces to step in?

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

let them all kill each other off ! The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Every time there's a new 'gangsta' killing reported in the news we say, ''good !''

- that's one less lowlife.

Blog Entries

Lets be honest , the Police cannot do a thing, there was no evidence from the video that the Police are taking tuff action against these kids, this will get far more serious, these kids aren't one day going to realise that what they are doing is wrong.

Its the issue of them being able to get away with it for so long that needs looking at.

The loss of such young life is always a tragedy but who's to blame? Where are these kids parents?

Give 'em and inch........

Meanwhile the rest of us can worry about action like this: TRAIN users who put their feet on seats face prosecution and fines. more and facing fines of up to £20,000 for dumping bin bags in the street.
    Last edited by Kev; 09-14-2006 at 07:46 PM.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

One thing is certain, there will be reprisals. The police don't want the memorial removed because it would cause a riot, what a load of bull. This is just giving in to these scum, maybe a confrontation with the police is what is needed. It is a sin that the public pay such high taxes to suport a police force that is so inefective. This needs to be stamped on now or more young lives will be tragically lost.
    Last edited by shytalk; 09-14-2006 at 10:32 PM.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

'Kids of today' to quote the officier on the video.

I've lived in Croxteth for 14 months now, and I can guarantee to him that its been the kids of the past year. I'm sure others that have lived here longer would be able to testify that its been going on longer...

Just yesterday I was forced off the road by a joy-rider. I was in one of the shops shortly afterwards explaining to the staff what had happened. Their response - 'oh, we assumed it was a bike'.

After the shooting outside Croxteth Sports Centre earlier this year, there was visible policing for about a month, and things started to look a bit brighter. They then took this policing away. Since then, life has gone back to normal

I'm guessing these are the 4 vids handed into the police - linked from a LFC Forum:

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=46632

Blog Entries

THE families of rival youth gang members have been invited to attend secret crisis meetings with Liverpool's top police officers.

Escalating rivalry between the warring Norris Green and Croxteth gangs has already resulted in murder, attacks, verbal threats and homes being shot at over recent months.

On August 23, Liam Smith, a member of the Norris Green faction was shot in the head out-side Altcourse prison and died.

In a bid to end the mayhem, Merseyside police wrote to the families of suspected gang members urging them to help.

Earlier this week officers held two separate meetings with families at key locations in Croxteth and Norris Green.

Today, police said they were pleased with the response.

Inspector Louise Harrison said: "We had quite afew mums and dads turn up.

"They realise there is no easy solution butthe biggest positive for me is that they want to try to solve this although they accept it will be difficult to try and getco-operation from the lads themselves.

"Both sides are fearful. "I feel the shooting was abig turning point, because it made the parents realise that doing nothing was not an option.

"Certainly it made the families in Croxteth realise 'one of us is going to get thatknock on the door next'.

"Not as many people turned up for the Norris Green meeting, but Iexpected that because tensions are abit higher in Norris Green and there is going to be some mistrust.

"But certainlyone of the mums was very positive and said she would go backto the community and saywe were all right and there is nothing shady about what weare trying to do.

"They want to see an end to this.

"They tell us there is nothing for the lads to do and there are no opportunities.

"But they were quite honest about certain aspects of our policing and we realise we donot always get it right, but we are trying to listen and want them to tell us what is going to make it better.

"But the most positive thing thathas come out of it for us is their willingness to put an end to it."

Countdown to murder of Strand Crew gang member

* FEBRUARY 11, 2006 - A 15-year-old boy is blasted in the thigh on Dwerryhouse Lane, Norris Green, by a bike-riding gunman.

* FEBRUARY 22 - Residents in Coleshill Road, Norris Green, hear gunshots outside their homes.

* MARCH 9 - Police storm 13 homes in Croxteth and Norris Green, seizing suspected gang members, drugs and airguns.

* APRIL 5 - Houses in Norris Green are sprayed with bullets when gangsters fire a machine gun in another drive-by shooting. The attack sparks a shoot-out as teenagers return fire with their own weapon.

* APRIL 24 - Drive-by gunmen shoot a 17-year-old member of the Norris Green gang from the window of a speeding 4x4. He is treated in hospital for leg wounds.

* MAY 16 - Armed police arrest seven suspected gun-gang members, some as young as 15, during raids in Croxteth and Norris Green.

* AUGUST 1 - Two 16-year-old boys are in hospital after being shot in the hands. Police believe they may have been messing around with a gun when the incident happened.

* AUGUST 23 - Liam Smith, a member of the Strand Crew from Norris Green, is shot and killed outside Altcourse Prison in Fazakerley.

Yobs send shocking film of attack to mobile phones

TODAY the ECHO reveals more shock footage filmed by yobs on their mobile phones.

Yesterday we reported the latest craze by out-of-control gangs in Liverpool, who have been filming footage of loaded firearms, dog attacks and speeding cars, then distributing them on mobile phones.

In another two-minute video clip linked to a gang in the Deysbrook area of West Derby, an innocent passer-by is kicked to the floor.

As the man is walking along a main residential street in broad daylight, a yob launches a flying kick to his head

The yob's accomplice uses his mobile phone to film as the man lies stunned on the pavement.

The victim, who is dressed in dark clothing and carrying a black bin liner, tries to stand up but the yob, wearing a white T-shirt and dark coloured shorts, kicks him again.

It is unclear whether the victim is badly injured. A spokeswoman for Merseyside police, who were given the footage by the ECHO, said: "This assault may well have been reported, but if it wasn't reported at the time we would urge this person to come forward."

Anyone with any information please contact the confidential Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.

Court date for gang suspects

SUSPECTED members of the Croxteth Crew are being called before the courts after a series of police raids.

Seven people - including a 15-year-old boy - are due to appear at Liverpool crown court in November on firearms charges after police stormed homes in Croxteth and Norris Green earlier this year, seizing suspected gang members, drugs and airguns.

Brothers Wesley Brown, 21 and Dean Brown, 19, from Sceptre Road; Anthony Fairfield, 18, from Totnes Road; Ryan Lloyd, 18, from Silverwell Road, and Dean Scahill, 18, all Croxteth; Joseph White, 20, from Whinhowe Road, Norris Green, and a 15-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, are all charged with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life, conspiracy to possess a firearm and ammunition without a certificate and conspiracy to commit GBH with intent.

More than 100 officers from the anti-gang Matrix unit and local police raided 13 houses to collect evidence to smash the gangs plaguing the two estates in March.

The officers targeted the homes of ten suspected members of the Croxteth Crew - the gang battling it out with the Norris Green-based Strand Crew.

The operation followed the joint call by the ECHO and Merseyside police for locals to speak out against the two gangs which have terrorised their neighbourhoods.

ECHO Essentials

TO act against these teenage gun gangs, Merseyside police needs your help.

Communities have been too frightened to speak out against these teenagers, but you don't need to give your name and address when you pass on vital information.

There are several ways to let police know important information, without your details being recorded.

* Anyone with any information about guns is asked to contact Merseyside police guncrime hotline on 0800 458 1211.

* Anyone with any information about anti-social or criminal behaviour can contact the confidential Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.

* Anyone with any information about gangs can also contact the ECHO's confidential Reclaim our Neighbourhoods line on 0151-330 4975 or send us an email in confidence to reclaim@liverpoolecho.co.uk You don't need to give your name or address and we will pass on what you know to police.

Source.....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jock View Post
    I'm guessing these are the 4 vids handed into the police - linked from a LFC Forum:

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=46632
    Just watched these Jock, bloody 'ell there's not a lot you can say is there?! The motor bikes I can deal with, what's with the police on camera following them tear arsing down the street??!!

All on YouTube too
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    One thing is certain, there will be reprisals. The police don't want the memorial removed because it would cause a riot, what a load of bull. This is just giving in to these scum, maybe a confrontation with the police is what is needed. It is a sin that the public pay such high taxes to suport a police force that is so inefective. This needs to be stamped on now or more young lives will be tragically lost.
    I don't agree with this fashion for laying flowers - for anyone. Even car crash scenes or sites where fatal accidents took place.
    I don't know how this trend started.
    The first time I ever saw flowers on a roadside was approx 10 or 12 years ago - maybe a bit longer. It was for that poor foreign student that was murdered on Scotland rd. Can't recall when it was.
    I remember seeing the flowers and thinking that it was unusual as it wasn't normally done.
    I never saw this happen years ago.
    Gradually the trend grew and flowers began to appear in other places.
    First it was for road death victims. Then the 'no-marks' cottoned on and started up these shrines for their Scally mates.

Of course, I feel every sorrow for the families of accident fatalities or murder victims - ( we have experience of it in my family) - But I can't see the attraction or reasoning to have public laying of flowers and personal obituaries.
    A death in a family is a private thing and not for all and sundry to gawp over. I believe in dignity and privacy.

How many hundreds of trees, fences, etc have wilted flowers hanging off them ! Or some shrines are added to on a regular basis until they become some kind of macabre eye-sore.

- and where will it all end ? are people going to start laying flowers just about anywhere someone died ?? It's ridiculous.

Well put lindyloo, I agree with everything you said.
    I first saw this stupid practice when I moved to the U.S.A. I think this is where it started. A lot of Americans are really into making a big show of their grief. It seemed wrong to me as I agree that some things need to be kept private.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

The Echo isn't helping things by writing stories about them calling the scumbag who was killed "gang leader" he was only about 15 and stories like this are feeding their egos.They've all got matching t shirts on now with his face on the front and wait for it "True Nogzy Soldier" on the back how small time is that.They all think they're one of the Sopranos now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The Echo isn't helping things by writing stories about them calling the scumbag who was killed "gang leader" he was only about 15 and stories like this are feeding their egos.They've all got matching t shirts on now with his face on the front and wait for it "True Nogzy Soldier" on the back how small time is that.They all think they're one of the Sopranos now.
    That's the media for u . The drama of it all .
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

They actually believe that the Strand is their territory now and you're likely to get attacked if you go there in the evening and what do the police do? tell people to keep away from the area in the evening can you believe that,instead of going in there mob handed they give them the "respect" they crave and feed their over inflated egos,the police do nothing because it's a working class area and nobody cares about us but if I was a balloon thrower in Formby God forbid they'd be out in force like they were recently making sure this scandal was stopped.Can you see the difference in attitude the rich in Formby were outraged with balloons full of water being thrown and it was immediately stopped but in Crocky last week the police were going around the streets with a loudhaler telling people to remain in doors and get your kids in and if you hear a loud noise to keep clear of your windows and yet nothing is done.These idiots the other day were sitting outside a shop with bullet proof vests on the outside of their clothes and there's no police there wanting to know why,it'll only get worse but still now I know why I have to pay more council tax than the people of Formby it's clearly for police protection.

It's just SO depressing.

The feeling of helplessness is very depressing.

What can the average person do to put a stop to all this.

Nothing !

'THEY' are winning. Decent people are terrorised into submission. 'THEY' are already ruling our streets.

It's very fast approaching - the fact that grown people are being dominated by 15 years old toe rags.

People are so dispirited - so dispirited that they have given up and havn't the heart to fight back.

HOW can you fight back ! ??

I for one am certainly dispirited, and so are my friends and neighbours.

I lost all interest in striving for my community long ago.

For many years I was involved with community matters, but not any longer.
    It is all wasted time and energy. We got nowhere. In fact things got ten times worse. The garbage continued to swamp us and we are now steeped in it.

The best thing to do is just get out when you possibly can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    It's just SO depressing.

The feeling of helplessness is very depressing.

What can the average person do to put a stop to all this.

Nothing !

'THEY' are winning. Decent people are terrorised into submission. 'THEY' are already ruling our streets.

It's very fast approaching - the fact that grown people are being dominated by 15 years old toe rags.

People are so dispirited - so dispirited that they have given up and havn't the heart to fight back.

HOW can you fight back ! ??

I for one am certainly dispirited, and so are my friends and neighbours.

I lost all interest in striving for my community long ago.

For many years I was involved with community matters, but not any longer.
    It is all wasted time and energy. We got nowhere. In fact things got ten times worse. The garbage continued to swamp us and we are now steeped in it.

The best thing to do is just get out when you possibly can.
    If they are not removed then the best thing to do is to move house for yours and your familiys own sake, self preservation.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast