YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6th Allerton Cubs & Scouts

Thanks

Default 6th Allerton Cubs & Scouts

Don't know if any of you went to these Scout Groups at Kettle Nook in Garston - probably loads of you did - just to let you know that after a period of demise this well-known and much loved Scout troop has now been re-launched. Scouts is Wednesday evening at 7.30 for girls and boys over 10 and a half. Loads of activities to keep them off the streets and out of your hair. Girls and Boys 14 and a half and over Explorer scouts is Thursday at 7.30 they do loads of stuff - camping, walking Hadrian's wall for charity, Duke of Edinburgh awards. They are hoping to re-launch Cubs very soon and start off a Beaver group for 6 - 8 year olds - finding the volunteers to run/help will prove a challenge - I hope they succeed.

ADVERTISING

Last edited by sweetpatooti; 09-13-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks

Smile 6th Allerton Scout Group

Thank's 'Sweetie'! It's good to hear that the old scout group is still in existance. I was a member way back in the distant past! Scout Master was a Mr Constable, (Railway train driver, who lived in Meredith St, opp the 'Matchworks' Speke Rd, Asst Scoutmaster was a 'Paddy' Duncan' I well remember the march to St Micheals church each Sunday morning, 'Drums' and 'Bugle's' playing the way there! I'mm amazed to hear that the old scout hut is still there in Kettle Nook! Thanks for the memory! takes me back to the 1940'S!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I was in the cubs there from about the age of 7, that was the early 80's, then did the scouts and left very soon after.

Got all my badges and went to the Cub/ Scout Olympics at Tord Vale
    YO! Liverpool has taken me 10 years to develop and maintain.
    If you like the website, please
    donate via PayPal!

Thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I was in the cubs there from about the age of 7, that was the early 80's, then did the scouts and left very soon after.

Got all my badges and went to the Cub/ Scout Olympics at Tord Vale
    Explorers off to camp this weekend again - another batch of muddy sweaty socks to wash

Quote Originally Posted by Norm NZ View Post
    Thank's 'Sweetie'! It's good to hear that the old scout group is still in existance. I was a member way back in the distant past! Scout Master was a Mr Constable, (Railway train driver, who lived in Meredith St, opp the 'Matchworks' Speke Rd, Asst Scoutmaster was a 'Paddy' Duncan' I well remember the march to St Micheals church each Sunday morning, 'Drums' and 'Bugle's' playing the way there! I'mm amazed to hear that the old scout hut is still there in Kettle Nook! Thanks for the memory! takes me back to the 1940'S!!!
    Brilliant Norm! Sid Constable is a legend in Garston. The Scout Hut was rebuilt in the 60s and the have got a big field at the back where they camp out and cook food (badly) on the campfire - it's amazing what they'll eat when they've cooked it themselves.

Good News is they think they may have a cub leader so I will post when that is up and running again

Thanks

Is that the one on Aigburth Vale?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thanks

No Max it's in Garston by the hospital.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast