YO! Liverpool
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The credit crunch

  1. #1
    Senior Member gregs dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    kirkby
    Posts
    2,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Default The credit crunch




    The credit crunch is really biting now, I could see a few sqare yards of pavement unoccupied in Church St today.


    ADVERTISING


    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

    My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

    http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

  2. #2
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Nice pictures Joe. I was there yesterday and I commented on the exact same thing. Church Street and Liverpool 1 were heaving. I thought nobody had any money, seemed enough flowing yesterday. Looked more like a Christmas crowd. I noticed there were an awful lot of Primark bags being carried.

  3. #3
    Senior Member wsteve55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If that's a recession,wonder what the next boom will look like??

  4. #4
    Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NORRIS GREEN/FAZAKERLEY
    Posts
    1,319
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Nice pictures Joe. . I noticed there were an awful lot of Primark bags being carried.
    Indeed they are.
    Primark is a pain in the butt being where it is. It's always packed outside The fella's all bored waiting outside and the chavs finishing a ciggie before they go in, usually with a pram and gabbing to someone else with a pram and why do so many "extra large" people sit around outside eating ?
    I've never bought anything from there and never intend to either. I have had to go in there once or twice. Nightmare.

  5. #5
    Senior Member wsteve55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    2,199
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Nice pictures Joe. I was there yesterday and I commented on the exact same thing. Church Street and Liverpool 1 were heaving. I thought nobody had any money, seemed enough flowing yesterday. Looked more like a Christmas crowd. I noticed there were an awful lot of Primark bags being carried.
    "Pile it high,and sell it cheap",who said that? Seems to work O.K.

  6. #6
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    "Pile it high,and sell it cheap",who said that? Seems to work O.K.
    Wasn't that Mr Cohen from Tesco, could be wrong...

  7. #7
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Indeed they are.
    Primark is a pain in the butt being where it is. It's always packed outside The fella's all bored waiting outside and the chavs finishing a ciggie before they go in, usually with a pram and gabbing to someone else with a pram and why do so many "extra large" people sit around outside eating ?
    I've never bought anything from there and never intend to either. I have had to go in there once or twice. Nightmare.
    Why's that Zap? Only been in there once or twice meself, but it looks ok.

  8. #8
    Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NORRIS GREEN/FAZAKERLEY
    Posts
    1,319
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Why's that Zap? Only been in there once or twice meself, but it looks ok.
    Looks can be deceiving. It gets over crowded with chavs and large people all buying tat. The stuff they sell falls apart within a week.

  9. #9
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Looks can be deceiving. It gets over crowded with chavs and large people all buying tat. The stuff they sell falls apart within a week.
    And their fat has nowt to do with it I suppose.

  10. #10
    Senior Member lindylou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I don't know what anyone sees in that shop. I've been in it approx 3 maybe 4 times but only accompanying someone else I might add.

    The stuff is cheapo tat. Most of the clothes are like rags, badly made and thin cheap material that creases as soon as you look at it.

    Shopping in there is an unpleasant experience ! - - the crowds - the noise the prams !! It's like pram city ! You can never get near the lift for pushchairs. What is it about Primark and pushchairs !?

    .. and I don't like the layout whereby you have to travel in a circle to navigate the store ! The crowds swirling around from floor to floor, from one escalator to the next, quite makes you dizzy ! it's like being carried along like the masses at the Holy Kaaba !! ha!

  11. #11
    Senior Member ChrisGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    3,592
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Fine pics, Joe. Thanks!

    C
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

  12. #12
    Pablo42 pablo42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wallasey
    Posts
    2,650
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I don't know what anyone sees in that shop. I've been in it approx 3 maybe 4 times but only accompanying someone else I might add.

    The stuff is cheapo tat. Most of the clothes are like rags, badly made and thin cheap material that creases as soon as you look at it.

    Shopping in there is an unpleasant experience ! - - the crowds - the noise the prams !! It's like pram city ! You can never get near the lift for pushchairs. What is it about Primark and pushchairs !?

    .. and I don't like the layout whereby you have to travel in a circle to navigate the store ! The crowds swirling around from floor to floor, from one escalator to the next, quite makes you dizzy ! it's like being carried along like the masses at the Holy Kaaba !! ha!
    Where's the Holy Kaaba.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

For daily updates, to support us further or to join in the conversation: Follow us on Twitter @YOLiverpool / Like our Facebook Page: @yoliverpoolpics / Join the Facebook Group: YO! Liverpool Pictures

× Thanks for coming to the web site. Support our future by turning off your Ad-Blocker or consider a donation via PayPal or Credit Card!