Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanley Park

Gregs Dad. posted a picture of a huge building.."The Conservation Bldging.." there in Liverpool...

It would seem to me, that this would be a great place to go to tell the councils about concerns in the Parks, etc...

Not sure how this works there, but, maybe if you all have a "Meetup" this would be a great place to stop and put in a few names as petitioning what your wishes are..????

It is sad to learn they make a mess out of Sefton Park, and then don't redo it as quickly as they demolish things? Just not right.. I heard local citizens went out and helped too in relocating the critters, (in concern for conservation)?

Maybe when the weather clears up a bit.. Spring and new seedlings, etc.. will thrive? As for trees being too old.. Well, sometimes its due to rot from pests. People again.. have nothing better to do , but complain about a tree that has a bruise etc. in it... If trees could talk..just imagine what they could tell us about survival Hope the Conservation Society comes to the rescue to perserve your trees and loveliness that makes it worth a day out there... aloha

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by robbo176 View Post
    the Palm house has gone
    What they have knocked it down? why? could they not do it up? this is not for a footy ground car park is it?

I never knew it was getting knocked down, disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    Gregs Dad. posted a picture of a huge building.."The Conservation Bldging.." there in Liverpool...

It would seem to me, that this would be a great place to go to tell the councils about concerns in the Parks, etc...

Not sure how this works there, but, maybe if you all have a "Meetup" this would be a great place to stop and put in a few names as petitioning what your wishes are..????

It is sad to learn they make a mess out of Sefton Park, and then don't redo it as quickly as they demolish things? Just not right.. I heard local citizens went out and helped too in relocating the critters, (in concern for conservation)?

Maybe when the weather clears up a bit.. Spring and new seedlings, etc.. will thrive? As for trees being too old.. Well, sometimes its due to rot from pests. People again.. have nothing better to do , but complain about a tree that has a bruise etc. in it... If trees could talk..just imagine what they could tell us about survival Hope the Conservation Society comes to the rescue to perserve your trees and loveliness that makes it worth a day out there... aloha
    Hi Lilac
    the conservation building is used to renovate and restore old artifacts like statues and such, and also holds small exhibitions now and then
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

The palm house at Stanley park has been taken down and sent away to be refurbished, and should be back in a year or two in all its glory

I think the palm house would need to be dismantled first to repair and clean the cast iron work. Would'nt it be a good idea to site it somewhere in the City Centre or Pierhead so that everyone could enjoy Liverpool's botanic collection.

Cheers samp.

Blog Entries

A SELECTION of glass bottles thought to date back to the 1890s, some embossed with an image of Stephenson’s Rocket, have been found as builders dismantle the Gladstone Pavilion, in Stanley Park. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I have just found this thread for Stanley Park, so I will post these two pictures here instead of the Photographs thread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STANLEYPARKCON.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	669.2 KB 
ID:	11676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STANLEYPK.JPG 
Views:	429 
Size:	556.6 KB 
ID:	11677  

There are two of these images for sale on ebay at the moment entitled - opening of Stanley Park, Liverpool, 1870

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Nice one JMLE and great pics Samp.

Thanks Samp.

Well, Humboldt Park is the center of Chicago Puerto Rican community. It's a neighborhood in a little bit of transition. Lots of low income residents and families sharing space with young urban professionls who are gentrifying the area. On warm summer or fall days, you might see young "yuppie" couples (for lack of a better word) jogging past the the guys hanging out in the park blasting tunes from their cars. It's a colorful area, lots of Puerto Rican clothing stores and record shops and great small restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennyguila View Post
    Well, Humboldt Park is the center of Chicago Puerto Rican community. It's a neighborhood in a little bit of transition. Lots of low income residents and families sharing space with young urban professionls who are gentrifying the area. On warm summer or fall days, you might see young "yuppie" couples (for lack of a better word) jogging past the the guys hanging out in the park blasting tunes from their cars. It's a colorful area, lots of Puerto Rican clothing stores and record shops and great small restaurants.
    But is this near Stanley park?

.. and is that a bit of spam on that post ??

I spent alot of my childhood in Stanley Park, Watching my Uncle Jack playing bowls, fascinated by the flower clock, enjoying endless summer days at the swings, and paddling pool, bike rides around the perimeters.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    .. and is that a bit of spam on that post ??
    Probably,with some Guacamole!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast