I used to live in Walton when I was a kid but moved out of the city in the mid 90's. I used to be fascinated as a small kid by the disused railway tunnels at the bottom of Hartley ave. I used to ride my bike around there with my old man before going along the loop line.

I was wondering if they are still there or if they have been demolished for redevelopment? If you type:

53.459546,-2.95613 into google maps you will see where I mean (select satellite).

There also used to be a large pond/small lake which is visable to the right in the satellite image. I think it belonged to the Jacob's plant. I don't know if it is actually still there or if it's been redeveloped also. I know some of the google earth satellite images or getting on.

It was looking on google earth at where I lived as a kid that got me curious.

There was also a part of the loop line somewhere around Norris green way which looked like it used to be two large platforms with a big arch, and as I remember, really tall sides and lots of hanging avy etc growing all the way up. Id love to know what this was or used to be.

Anyway if you can shed any light on this for me Id be made up. I might even take my bike all round there one day when I'm in town.

Cheers.