Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Polish community in Liverpool

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Pmac View Post
    Thanks and I might be in touch if we cant get a team from within the Liverpool area.
    Offer's still standing. I know loads of Polish lads. And girls, if you want to organise a Ladies match

To be honest, to me, the original posting make depressing reading and certain things are just glossed over.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

There was an article in the Daily Mail on Saturday about popular Polish brands now being made available in the big supermarkets. As the usually xenophobic Mail articles go it was reasonably balanced, but its true context could be seen in a story a few pages earlier. That bemoaned the number of eastern European workers that are undercutting British unskilled labourers and the whole undertone of the articles became "they are taking over and doing us out of jobs and replacing our products in the shops, send them all back".

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    There was an article in the Daily Mail on Saturday about popular Polish brands now being made available in the big supermarkets. As the usually xenophobic Mail articles go it was reasonably balanced, but its true context could be seen in a story a few pages earlier. That bemoaned the number of eastern European workers that are undercutting British unskilled labourers and the whole undertone of the articles became "they are taking over and doing us out of jobs and replacing our products in the shops, send them all back".
    So it is alright for the bosses to bring these Poles over and for British working man to have his wages undercut? And yes I would have no problem sending them back.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    So it is alright for the bosses to bring these Poles over and for British working man to have his wages undercut? And yes I would have no problem sending them back.

Alot of Poles are filling jobs that local people won't do, local people have also got to change their work ethos as the polish people put the locals to shame, ask any employer who has employed Poles. (yes they are cheaper labour as well that might influence the reply)
    The house by me has had an extension built by poles, they work every day and it has gone up in no time, that won't happen with most local labour.
    Good luck to them the opportunities are out there for all, maybe all the Brits in Spain, Oz, NZ and elsewhere should be sent back home.
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Alot of Poles are filling jobs that local people won't do, local people have also got to change their work ethos as the polish people put the locals to shame, ask any employer who has employed Poles. (yes they are cheaper labour as well that might influence the reply)
    Spoken like a globalist! What about school leavers who can't get a job? Are they too lazy to take the two bob an hour jobs?

The house by me has had an extension built by poles, they work every day and it has gone up in no time, that won't happen with most local labour.
    No doubt the Poles work hard, but it is a shame that you feel the need to say local people do not work as hard. Sounds a little racist to me.

Good luck to them the opportunities are out there for all, maybe all the Brits in Spain, Oz, NZ and elsewhere should be sent back home.
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Walk around any major supermarket, I don't even know what is our products any more we have Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian....the list is endless, which is great and reflects the community it delivers a service to.

[QUOTE=A. D. Williams;48950]Spoken like a globalist! What about school leavers who can't get a job? Are they too lazy to take the two bob an hour jobs?

School leavers can get jobs, the problem is they have got competition now.

No doubt the Poles work hard, but it is a shame that you feel the need to say local people do not work as hard. Sounds a little racist to me.

Racist whats racist, I would say the Repatriation is racist. Its the Poles turn this week, whos next?

Give you an example, local employer wants 20 workers, 9.00am next day you will have 21 waiting for a job, waiting for the minibus and they will be there the next day, there is a hunger to succeed, most will go back with money to start afresh in Poland, some local young people can't be arsed getting out of bed.
    Thats not all young people and thats not all local people there are loads that do work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    That's what I was going to say ........

wonder what the Spanish think of the Brit invasion ???? the costas are over run with Brit theme pubs, Brit greasy spoon cafes, Brit clubs & entertainment, shops selling food to cater for the Brits .. there's even a shop called 'Spainsburys'
    The Brits are working all over the coastal resorts.

... and buying up all the property.

[QUOTE=lindylou;48973]That's what I was going to say ........

wonder what the Spanish think of the Brit invasion ???? the costas are over run with Brit theme pubs, Brit greasy spoon cafes, Brit clubs & entertainment, shops selling food to cater for the Brits .. there's even a shop called 'Spainsburys'
    The Brits are working all over the coastal resorts.

you beat me to it there Lindy, so many Britons moan about foriegners coming here and refusing to integrate yet can't survive a week abroad without all the comforts from home

Default jobski lotski

the Poles are not stealing our jobs, they're just doing our jobs.....for some reason we don't want to.......

Default garston 1960's

I had a Polish barber in garston in thehttp://www.turkeytube.co.uk/view_vid...4aa9d5bade97ba early 1960's when I was a kid, he was alright, I always thought it was funny that the hairspray he used to use was Cossack brand (remember that!!)

now I have to go to Turkey for a decent shave most english barbers wont use a cut throat for fear of cross contamination!!!

http://www.turkeytube.co.uk/view_vid...4aa9d5bade97ba

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    the Poles are not stealing our jobs, they're just doing our jobs.....for some reason we don't want to.......
    Maybe if the job paid a decent living wage.........
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    Maybe if the job paid a decent living wage.........

Always excuses for people who don't want to work. For minimum wage you can get tax credits to help top up.

Shapers

Plus for people who don't want to work should encourage foriegn labour, the tax money they contribute will help keep idle scroungers in white lightning.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast