Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Fox Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Louise View Post
    I take your point Zap but I do think there is a difference between culling and enjoying the death of a fox being torn to pieces by dogs.

Also I bet every year on the Grand National and enjoy watching the race but like every sport known to man, there will always be injuries and fatalities.
    Unfortunately, it is always the horses that are the fatalities...30 deaths at the National since 1998 - average three a year. I never bet on it.
    It is Accomplished

Racing is all about money. You only have to look at the plight of the greyhounds which are cast aside when their best days are over. Same with horses. There may be a few that are well cared for until their last - but there are so many more which are not.

People care about money and profits and gamblers how much they will win.

I am against people breeding dogs (or any domestic animal) for profit and not being genuinely interested in the breed. Far too many breeding puppies to literally 'make a few bob' - half of them know nothing of the breed and want only to use their animals as a money making machine. I've heard it too often - over the years when I was out walking my Staffies, I've lost count of the times I was approached by some numpty - ''wanna' mate yer dog with mine?''
    ' d'ya breed yer dog'' '' as yer dog had pups?'' .... I've heard people saying they're short of a few bob so they'll mate their dogs for a litter to make money

... sorry ! I got on a rant there .. but I've seen too many animal rescue centres.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Ha,Ha,Ha,who's havin' a laugh now,like living in Norris Green gives you any creedence!!!!
    !?

What has Norris Green got to do with it ? You have just proven my point....
    Talking about something you know nothing about....AGAIN!

I shall be out this week hunting rabbits,squirrels and magpies.I will enjoy it. If nothing is caught it will still be just as much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Unfortunately, it is always the horses that are the fatalities...30 deaths at the National since 1998 - average three a year. I never bet on it.
    That's the way it is. I don't bet on the National but I don't complain.
    Anyone ever thought of how much livelihood would be lost if it wasn't for our country sports ? No, I didn't think so.

I have met people like yourselves who are against hunting of any kind. The fact...they usually know sod all about country living,hunting and country sports. Fact!!!

I will not be posting anymore in this thread as there's too many namby pamby,tree huggin' don't have a clue posters here...in other words, you're talking out yer bum!!!

. People should really get educated on this...

That's right...including YOU!!!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist,this is my last post here)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    That's the way it is. I don't bet on the National but I don't complain.
    Anyone ever thought of how much livelihood would be lost if it wasn't for our country sports ? No, I didn't think so.

I have met people like yourselves who are against hunting of any kind. The fact...they usually know sod all about country living,hunting and country sports. Fact!!!

I will not be posting anymore in this thread as there's too many namby pamby,tree huggin' don't have a clue posters here...in other words, you're talking out yer bum!!!
    It's the only language you understand

Regarding the National - that is WHY it exists - because not enough complain.
    So, you could say the same about the slave trade then couldn't you? How much 'livelihood' was lost through that? Get in the 21st Century...
    You're the kind who would still have kids working up chimneys and women doing nothing but kitchenwork...

Actually, you know NOTHING of my intelligence. I actually DO know a bit about the countryside and have friends who do as well. As for 'sports' - try getting into a 'proper' sport.
    It is Accomplished

That's right...including YOU!
    Oh I am educated. If it means being un-educated to loathe putting a defenceless animal through unnecessary suffering, then I can live with being un-educated

It says a lot about people who like to inflict suffering on something defenceless
    It is Accomplished

There's a big difference between slaves and the use of animals in sport.

Don't get me wrong, looking at that pic of the fox makes me think, shoot the b*stards that have done it and I also think any 'sport' were the result is to tear apart an animal is just beyond a joke.

But when u look at horse racing (not that I bet on any racing other than the national) then these horses make the owners money, so they've obviously gonna treat them really well. If the few unfortunate deaths make u want to ban horse racing then, stop eating any sort of meat, as they're bred for only that purpose. Also, who here would love to retire to a career of just staying at home and being allowed to sh*g any nice filly or stallion that's brought to u???

Let's just stop producing any sort of animal that is anything other than a pet, and let's see how many species will become extinct

Now can we get back to the disgraceful treatment of that fox, rather than horse racing ?

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    There's a big difference between slaves and the use of animals in sport.

Don't get me wrong, looking at that pic of the fox makes me think, shoot the b*stards that have done it and I also think any 'sport' were the result is to tear apart an animal is just beyond a joke.

But when u look at horse racing (not that I bet on any racing other than the national) then these horses make the owners money, so they've obviously gonna treat them really well. If the few unfortunate deaths make u want to ban horse racing then, stop eating any sort of meat, as they're bred for only that purpose. Also, who here would love to retire to a career of just staying at home and being allowed to sh*g any nice filly or stallion that's brought to u???

Let's just stop producing any sort of animal that is anything other than a pet, and let's see how many species will become extinct

Now can we get back to the disgraceful treatment of that fox, rather than horse racing ?
    Actually Scouse, the horses are treated absolutely abysmally to keep them in line for the sport of horse racing - you just don't get to see it. Btw I actually don't eat ANY sort of meat
    It is Accomplished

Actually Scouse, the horses are treaed absolutely abysmally to keep them in line for the sport of horse racing - you just don't get to see it. Btw I actually don't eat ANY sort of meat
    Well, u're argument is just then

I'm sure our food stock animal are treated as badly if not worse that horses... But I've got that attitude that if I don't see it, then I don't really care plus if it's gonna be eaten then what's the point in giving it a room at the Carlton if I'm gonna have to pay more for it in the end

I shall be out this week hunting rabbits,squirrels and magpies.I will enjoy it. If nothing is caught it will still be just as much fun.
    You are very cruel, haven't you got anything better to do. They are not harming you. And what will you do with the ill-gotten gains!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Louise View Post
    You are very cruel, haven't you got anything better to do. They are not harming you. And what will you do with the ill-gotten gains!
    I think he said he wouldn't be contributing any more because of namby pamby tree huggers I'll try and answer for you Diane - they hunt squirrels and the like because they are easy prey. Put these hunters on the African Plains with a pea shooter and ask them to hunt lions and they'd run a mile...
    It is Accomplished

Will zappa be hunting these little creatures himself or will he be using a flying thing to do it ?

Blog Entries

I think he said he wouldn't be contributing any more because of namby pamby tree huggers I'll try and answer for you Diane - they hunt squirrels and the like because they are easy prey. Put these hunters on the African Plains with a pea shooter and ask them to hunt lions and they'd run a mile...
    Not all of us Mark. I have hunted all different types of game and if I couldn't get a clean kill, I never took the shot. Not all hunters are cruel blood thirsty types. I've never liked killing much, but sometimes it's more than needed. I find pictures of foxes chained up offensive, and would certainly hunt those responsible.

I know..... enough to know,that it's below me, to kill,chase,or torment animals for "FUN"! Enough said,no argument!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast