Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Fox Hunting

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    The Grand National is a cruel race and always has been.
    I used to think that to be honest (when I was about 12 years old) but it isn't.

All Horse racing is cruel to be honest but humans always abuse animals for no reason and always will.
    I'd never bet on the Grand National now i'm older and know how brutal it is. It's a blood sport

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    I used to think that to be honest (when I was about 12 years old) but it isn't.
    Nothing to do with age. My grandmother maintained this view until the day she died. She was very much against it and would always remark about it every year when it came around.
    She was also very anti-blood sports and had the same view as previous poster Diane Louise. Me too. I would love to trap blood sport participants in a large field with a couple of lions or large slavering Rotties

My grandmother was a vegetarian too.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelCake View Post
    All Horse racing is cruel to be honest but humans always abuse animals for no reason and always will.
    I'd never bet on the Grand National now i'm older and know how brutal it is. It's a blood sport
    I don't bet on horses either.

I was a vegetarian for about 10 years and I don't bet on horses.!!
    I am not a cruel person but I do believe country sports belongs in the country and not with interfearing town people who don't have a clue.

I have no problems with country folk chasing round on horses after a fox which has a sporting chance of getting away - however, the thought of urban yobs baiting foxes and chasing them with dogs sickens me.

Some might wonder why the difference in attitude to the two groups

Organised rural foxhunting as been part of the rural scene for many years combining some sport with controil of a pest which harms landowners interests and I have always considered the ban on organised hunting an attack on rural intrests by "townies". Yes I am a townie - but I value the countryside and the rural way of life.

However, urban yobs are only into it for pure sadism in my oppinion.

If its not urban foxes they are hunting it will be some poor cat or small non aggressive dog.

Well said Irishseashipping Co. Nice one. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by irishseashipping.com View Post
    I have no problems with country folk chasing round on horses after a fox which has a sporting chance of getting away - however, the thought of urban yobs baiting foxes and chasing them with dogs sickens me.

Some might wonder why the difference in attitude to the two groups

Organised rural foxhunting as been part of the rural scene for many years combining some sport with controil of a pest which harms landowners interests and I have always considered the ban on organised hunting an attack on rural intrests by "townies". Yes I am a townie - but I value the countryside and the rural way of life.

However, urban yobs are only into it for pure sadism in my oppinion.

If its not urban foxes they are hunting it will be some poor cat or small non aggressive dog.

If a fox is killing your animals then it should be treated as vermin but I don't understand how there is a difference bewteen dressing up in silly outfits and killing foxes when compared to "urban fox hunts"- both are cruel and done for pleasure.

I am not a cruel person but I do believe country sports belongs in the country and not with interfearing town people who don't have a clue.
    I take your point Zap but I do think there is a difference between culling and enjoying the death of a fox being torn to pieces by dogs.

Also I bet every year on the Grand National and enjoy watching the race but like every sport known to man, there will always be injuries and fatalities.

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    You are right Zappa,conservation is the answer but as in culling not as a 'sport'.
    wsteve55,do you include the Grand National and other steeple chases ?
    Surely do!

You obviously haven't a clue.!!

How is it if nature has it's own techniques that we are over run with Foxes,Magpies and Squirrels to name a few. ?
    Conservation is the answer

It's the same old story,town folk knowing nothing about country life.
    Ha,Ha,Ha,who's havin' a laugh now,like living in Norris Green gives you any creedence!!!! Nature culls it's own,it's mankind who upset the balance,and takes every possible advantage of the situation,before,during,and after!
    Grey squirrels were imported from North America,by us,foxes natural habitat has been decimated,hence the migration to cities,to become junk food addicts,as for magpies,the massive growth in they're numbers,is,due, to the lack of traditional culling by gamekeepers,( The country folk who know best?)as they are obviously occupied with other things,these days! And dont forget,these so-called country folk, dont want the likes of you,or me,anywhere near them,as recent moves to block hard fought access to various country sites,have been made! All I know,is,that this is my country,and that means all of it,not just the bits "they" might see fit to let me visit!

p.s. I wonder where ye olde worlde country folk got thier land,anyway!?

It's a wonder I was never vegetarian as my grandmother was and my mother still is, both eat no meat or fish. My mum did have to cook meat for my dad though (so I would eat it too).

I could live without meat but I have to admit that I do like fish.
    Last edited by lindylou; 09-30-2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Nature culls it's own,it's mankind who upset the balance,and takes every possible advantage of the situation,before,during,and after!
    Grey squirrels were imported from North America,by us,foxes natural habitat has been decimated,hence the migration to cities,to become junk food addicts,as for magpies,the massive growth in they're numbers,is,due, to the lack of traditional culling by gamekeepers,( The country folk who know best?)as they are obviously occupied with other things,these days! And dont forget,these so-called country folk, dont want the likes of you,or me,anywhere near them,as recent moves to block hard fought access to various country sites,have been made! All I know,is,that this is my country,and that means all of it,not just the bits "they" might see fit to let me visit!

p.s. I wonder where ye olde worlde country folk got thier land,anyway!?
    well said

.. and to add another slant ... country mansions and stately homes on view to the paying public - - my dad would refuse to pay to go in such places. He would say the gentry ripped off the poor for centuries and the poor people paid enough already by working for buttons - - as he says, ''why should the working man pay again to walk around their bloody houses !!''

That's garbage. Actually it has NOTHING to do with the country. Foxhunting should be confined to the scrapheap of barbaric history along with badger baiting, the slave trade and having kids working in workhouses.
    Dickhead Harry Enfield tried to make the ridiculous assumption that it is a 'town v country thing'. He is an idiot who is completely out of touch with reality. It has nothing to do with 'class'. Take dog fighting for example; most who do it are 'townies'...
    It has nothing to do with pest control. Like a friend of mine said, he has never ever seen a photo of livestock killed by a fox. People should really get educated on this...
    It is Accomplished

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast