Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Fox Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    And do you think I believe in GOD ?

If I didn't shoot magpies near my home then all I would see when I look out would be pidgeons,magpies and grey squirrels instead of the woodpeckers,long tail ****,chaffinches,goldfinches,collared doves,hedge sparrows,blackbirds,song thrush and mistle thrush. That is a fact. I have yet to get house sparrows back,linnets,bullfinches and skylarks.
    I feed the birds everyday and I have put up many different types of nest boxes. I have and will continue to help "our" garden birds.

My friend is a Dr of Ornithology who looks after red kites. He was on tv last week (The one show). I think he knows more than anyone here and he is in agreement about magpies and squirrels too.

Ok enough from me.
    Do your garden birds a favour and get rid of a magpie or squirrel today!!!:PDT
    I have to agree that there seems to be less birds of any variety but I am not going to go out and kill a magpie and I love squirrels and bunnies!

I can see that you really love birds and hate magpies but you don't have to kill them which I think is very wrong.

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

And do you think I believe in GOD ?

If I didn't shoot magpies near my home then all I would see when I look out would be pidgeons,magpies and grey squirrels instead of the woodpeckers,long tail ****,chaffinches,goldfinches,collared doves,hedge sparrows,blackbirds,song thrush and mistle thrush. That is a fact. I have yet to get house sparrows back,linnets,bullfinches and skylarks.
    I feed the birds everyday and I have put up many different types of nest boxes. I have and will continue to help "our" garden birds.

My friend is a Dr of Ornithology who looks after red kites. He was on tv last week (The one show). I think he knows more than anyone here and he is in agreement about magpies and squirrels too.

Ok enough from me.
    Do your garden birds a favour and get rid of a magpie or squirrel today!!!
    This seems like a reasonable thing to do as the garden bird population does seem to be in decline compared to the rise in number of the magpies.
    As John has demonstrated in the photo's of the beautiful birds he has in his garden his actions seem to be helping with the bird population.

What is it John ?
    One for Sorrow, TWO for Joy ?
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

I'd never shoot a magpie because I didn't like it. How cruel are some people!

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    Diane, not that I'm siding with Zappa but isn't anything us humans do part of natural scheme of things too ?

They always go on about natural order when predators kill animals and we're pretty much top of the tree. if we're torturing things then that's wrong coz it's just doing it for evil fun (like cat's with mice) but if there is a genuine purpose and it's done in a humane way then there's justification for it.

Whether it be Farmers killing foxes or the extreme of Zappa's personal quest to rid the world of magpies. ya gotta admit there's a lot more around now that there used to be and u see less smaller birds

Cruel treatment of anything is totally wrong, justified culling isn't wrong
    Well dont then,make up your own mind! The magpie population increase, is a result of bad management by the country bumpkins,and insufficient food resources in they're former,natural habitat,hence the move into urban area's! Much the same can be said of the fox population! Also,I've heard it said, somewhere, that we are reckoned to be more sophisticated,and even civilised!?? But that's probably just a rumour!

Norris Green = I don't live there. Silly boy.

A-Z again me thinks.

Spelling = Not a problem
    Huh,now I know why you dont like a to z's,comprende,foolish child!

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

You seem very passionate about this subject Steve, do you belong to any conservation groups?

No,not at all! It's just one of my particular detestations,where, when confronted,you have to take a side!

I think Zappa is right about magpies, grays and in some areas foxes.But not killing them for 'sport'.
    Magpies have to duck when I see them in my garden.They are a major pest as bad as seagulls and rats.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Huh,now I know why you dont like a to z's,comprende,foolish child!
    Duh...
    Who said I don't like A-Z's ? Not me. Another silly statement me thinks.
    Are you talking out yer bum again ?
    Go and play!!!

The magpie population has increased through prolific breeding of the magpie. Nothing to do with humans.
    I feed the foxes and never shoot them.
    I repeat "I never kill for fun or for blood."
    However if the foxes became such a pest then I would have no problem killing them.

Understandee englishee.

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    I think Zappa is right about magpies, grays and in some areas foxes.But not killing them for 'sport'.
    Magpies have to duck when I see them in my garden.They are a major pest as bad as seagulls and rats.
    Isn't a gray one of them alien types ?

All that you are doing is promoting criminal behaviour. Typical. Foxhunting has been BANNED in this country, therefore it is a criminal act and all of the foxhunting fraternity are criminals.

Btw, I feed squirrels in my garden and the birdlife in my garden is thriving. They are squirrels that you will never get the chance to shoot

It is typical and arrogant to suggest that us 'humans' are the superior life form...What garbage. 'Our' life form is doing more to destroy the planet than every other life form put together. Man is responsible for global warming, the damage to the ozone layer, the destruction of the rainforests and also the extinction and possible extinction of animals. I can gladly say that I am ashamed of it...Let us not forget that it is 'our' species that has also produced serial killers, paedophiles and murderers...Not that intelligent are we?

I wouldn't get caught up in a slanging match wsteve55. you're banging your head against a brick wall...You know when somebody is losing an argument or doesn't have something constructive to say when they have to resort to insults...

Chrismarsden: Why do you suppose that people that care about animals don't care about humans? It isn't a competition. I think you will find that most (if not ALL) animal lovers despise cruelty to any life form.
    It is Accomplished

Blog Entries

Man is responsible for global warming? You'll be saying we created the Ice Age too.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Man is responsible for global warming? You'll be saying we created the Ice Age too.
    Yes. A scientific report, based on the work of some 2,500 scientists in more than 130 countries, concluded that humans have caused all or most of the current planetary warming. Human-caused global warming is often called anthropogenic climate change.
    It is Accomplished

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast