Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Fox Hunting

Blog Entries

Default Urban Fox Hunting

This shocking image shows an urban fox with a chain bolted through its leg - amid growing fears they are being used to bait fighting dogs.

Thugs have drilled a hole through the fox's leg - (pic - Fox Project charity)

Campaigners have released a picture of a cub discovered with a chain threaded through one of its hind legs.

A hole had been drilled through the animal's flesh after it was caught by poachers in south east London.

It is feared that fighting dogs are being let loose on the trapped animals either for "fun" or as practice for illegal fights.

The animal in the picture above - named Jingles by rescuers - managed to chew through the leather strapping on the chain and escape its captor.

Nets and snares have been discovered in wooded land in the Rotherhithe area of London, along with large zip-up laundry bags hidden in undergrowth.

And police are investigating reports of residents spotting gangs in the woods with iron bars and dogs.

The London cases follow reports in Livepool of gangs unleashing dogs on the city's streets to "tear up" urban foxes.

The remains of two decapitated foxes have been found there.

In London, a number of cats have also been discovered "ripped to pieces" in the Rotherhithe area.

More
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

We should put the dog's owners down . I dunno why anyone would want to turn a dog violent animal

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

This is sickening. I am all for country sports including fox hunting but this is no sport.
    The people who do that kind of stuff/cruelty are usually "thick as two short planks" . They have no skill in hunting and probably don't have a clue how to hunt.
    It's Knobheads like this that can give country sports a bad rap.

What an awful photo, so cruel and unnecessary to trap a poor fox! I hope they find the person/s responsible but I doubt it.

There is no solution to the problem of foxes in urban areas, we just have to ensure that those of us with outdoor animals such as rabbits are protected from the foxes natural reaction to attack and to provide for their own.

This isn't sport in any way shape or form. Those who participate in such barbaric actions should serve lengthy jail terms and banned from owning animals for a lifetime.

The only country sport (how can you call killing anything,a sport?) I'd like to partake in,would be knobhead hunting,where you chase appropriate people across the country,till exhausted,then ask them how much "fun" it's been!

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    The only country sport (how can you call killing anything,a sport?)
    Someone who doesn't know conservation eh ?
    Well not all country sports are about killing. There's just as much fun in watching prey escape, in fact a good chase is better than a quick catch.

Next you will say falconry is cruel

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Someone who doesn't know conservation eh ?
    Well not all country sports are about killing. There's just as much fun in watching prey escape, in fact a good chase is better than a quick catch.

Next you will say falconry is cruel
    Of course,less so,just like any so called sport,were animals are used for enjoyment, sadistic pleasure,etc,etc! I think we do enough already,by eating them!

p.s. Conservation? never! Nature has it's own techniques! That's just an excuse used by "smug country folk" who love animals soooooo much,they have to kill them,in the most spectacular way! I only wish I owned a big enough piece of land,that the local hunt might ask to cross it,to which I would agree,then give them a few blasts of a 12 bore!!(one can only dream!)

The only country sport (how can you call killing anything,a sport?) I'd like to partake in,would be knobhead hunting,where you chase appropriate people across the country,till exhausted,then ask them how much "fun" it's been!

I would like to chase foxhunters over the sticks with dogs and see how they like it!

The so called landed gentry haven't got anything better to do, how about charity work!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Louise View Post
    I would like to chase foxhunters over the sticks with dogs and see how they like it!

The so called landed gentry haven't got anything better to do, how about charity work!
    Certainly,but unfortunately,it isn't, just the landed gentry,who partake in these so called sports,look at the local braindeads, with thier pit bulls,etc!

Of course,less so,just like any so called sport,were animals are used for enjoyment, sadistic pleasure,etc,etc! I think we do enough already,by eating them!

p.s. Conservation? never! Nature has it's own techniques!
    You obviously haven't a clue.!!

How is it if nature has it's own techniques that we are over run with Foxes,Magpies and Squirrels to name a few. ?
    Conservation is the answer

It's the same old story,town folk knowing nothing about country life.

You are right Zappa,conservation is the answer but as in culling not as a 'sport'.
    wsteve55,do you include the Grand National and other steeple chases ?

p.s. Conservation? never! Nature has it's own techniques! That's just an excuse used by "smug country folk" who love animals soooooo much,they have to kill them,in the most spectacular way! I only wish I owned a big enough piece of land,that the local hunt might ask to cross it,to which I would agree,then give them a few blasts of a 12 bore!!(one can only dream!)
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    do you include the Grand National and other steeple chases ?
    The Grand National is a cruel race and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    The Grand National is a cruel race and always has been.
    naaaa, it's not

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast