Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Urban Fox Hunting

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    I know..... enough to know,that it's below me, to kill,chase,or torment animals for "FUN"! Enough said,no argument!
    I think Zap means the walk and countryside is as much fun.

I'm answering for him cos he said he wasn't gonna post no more on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    There's a big difference between slaves and the use of animals in sport.

Don't get me wrong, looking at that pic of the fox makes me think, shoot the b*stards that have done it and I also think any 'sport' were the result is to tear apart an animal is just beyond a joke.

But when u look at horse racing (not that I bet on any racing other than the national) then these horses make the owners money, so they've obviously gonna treat them really well. If the few unfortunate deaths make u want to ban horse racing then, stop eating any sort of meat, as they're bred for only that purpose. Also, who here would love to retire to a career of just staying at home and being allowed to sh*g any nice filly or stallion that's brought to u???

Let's just stop producing any sort of animal that is anything other than a pet, and let's see how many species will become extinct

Now can we get back to the disgraceful treatment of that fox, rather than horse racing ?
    I understand your point SS, but is that really true? I think you can figure where your tins of "Chappie" came from! I dont think horse racing,etc should be banned,but there should should be more consideration of the animals involved, as living things,not cash generators,and what really galls me is when they try to tell me"they enjoy it" or worse, "they wouldn't exist,otherwise" which is fine by me,but a sad indictment of (some) humanity,if they see every living thing,as being here for our pleasure,only!

Blog Entries

I understand your point SS, but is that really true? I think you can figure where your tins of "Chappie" came from! I dont think horse racing,etc should be banned,but there should should be more consideration of the animals involved, as living things,not cash generators,and what really galls me is when they try to tell me"they enjoy it" or worse, "they wouldn't exist,otherwise" which is fine by me,but a sad indictment of (some) humanity,if they see every living thing,as being here for our pleasure,only!
    Sheesh, what happened to fun?

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Sheesh, what happened to fun?
    Ask a horse/greyhound!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    I think he said he wouldn't be contributing any more because of namby pamby tree huggers I'll try and answer for you Diane - they hunt squirrels and the like because they are easy prey. Put these hunters on the African Plains with a pea shooter and ask them to hunt lions and they'd run a mile...
    We could have a whip round and send Zap on a safari to Africa to shoot some lions but even that wouldn't be right!

If culling needs to be done leave it to the experts.

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

I often wonder why people are more concerned about the welfare of animals than they are of people. Every day vulnerable children and adults are abused and all people think about is a stinky old fox, I just don't get it....

Quote Originally Posted by chrismarsden View Post
    I often wonder why people are more concerned about the welfare of animals than they are of people. Every day vulnerable children and adults are abused and all people think about is a stinky old fox, I just don't get it....
    I am concerned about all vulnerable people and animals. I don't like to see either in pain when there is no need for it.

I don't see the point in shooting a magpie, do you?

Well,maybe that's just your narrow way of looking at "LIFE" in general!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Louise View Post
    I am concerned about all vulnerable people and animals. I don't like to see either in pain when there is no need for it.

Personally I don't like Magpies, especially when they steal chicks from nests.

Well,maybe that's just your narrow way of looking at "LIFE" in general!?!
    My narrow view of "LIFE" is that man is the most important species on the planet.

Why is it always assumed that people who care for animals care for abused children less

Anyone with an ounce of feeling will have compassion for both - any vulnerable person or creature. Young children and dumb animals cannot speak up for themselves.
    Last edited by lindylou; 09-30-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: typo

My narrow view of "LIFE" is that man is the most important species on the planet.
    And your more than welcome to it! Why make the comparison in the first place?????? My outlook is much broader,it encompasses all life,even smelly foxes!!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Louise View Post

Ok I couldn't resist (I am not gonna reply to other "silly" posts)

Ok I will tell you about "The Point of shooting Magpies"...
    I used to have Sparrows,Linnets,Skylarks,Pheasants and Partridges nesting and feeding around by my area. Not anymore. This is due to Magpies. The magpies don't have a preditor as they are the preditor. Do you think it will be nice just seeing black and white murderous birds ONLY ? That goes for Grey squirrels too.
    Magpies do not kill for food. They kill to be the most common bird around.
    Grey Squirrels are a pest. They kill so many trees and also so many birds.
    Just like the magpie they destroy nests. Kill chicks and eat eggs.
    I have watched the common garden birds dwindle in the past few years and I do know that it is down to Magpies and squirrels (along with a little help from man too)

If I catch a squirrel or magpie it will be fed to a hawk or the squirrel will be cooked with a nice bit of veg

Ok my rant over....again!!

Forgot to add that Some people should stick to A-Z of games!!!

And some people should lern to spel!

P.S. No food,no magpies! Natures way....worked so far,till country bumpkins interfered!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

And some people should lern to spel!

P.S. No food,no magpies! Natures way....worked so far,till country bumpkins interfered!
    And if you're dyslexic or just hit the wrong button what then oh perfect one.LOL

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast