YO! Liverpool

Thread: Were you a Liverpool Fireman in WW2 ?

Thanks

Default Were you a Liverpool Fireman in WW2 ?

I am searching for anyone who was a Fireman during WW2 in Liverpool, who may have known my father.

I never knew my father, altho I know he died in Hampstead in May 1984. I have recently learnt that he was a Fireman in Liverpool during WW2. The only thing I know is that he worked on the Tate & Lyle Fire during WW2.

His details are as follows:

His name was Harry Freeman & he was born in Liverpool 17th Nov 1907.

ADVERTISING

At the time of the war, he lived at either 32, Princes Ave Liverpool or 48, Moon St, Liverpool, during the war years & up until the mid 1950's until he moved to London.

He was Jewish & he was born Harry Free'd'man. He was the youngest of many brothers & two sisters.

I would love to hear from anyone who may have worked with him or who remembers him, as I never actually met him & you will be helping me with a search that has taken me 20 years since my mother's death in 1989.

Thank you,

Welsby

Thanks

Hi Welsby,
    my Grandfather was a Fireman, died in 1959.
    I never had much info about him until I contacted the Fire Vrigade Archivist Simon Ryan, what a welath of info he gave me
    Contact him on:

Simonryan@merseyfire.gov.uk

I'm sure he'll be able to help you, let us know how you get on,

Mart
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5