YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't remember them?

George

Default I don't remember them?

I just had a convo with a guy who said there was some shops on scotty road where JMU(John Moores Uni)is now,he said Flemmings was one o them shops before moving to walton road.

ADVERTISING

Any one remember those shops?

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not actually Scotland Rd but Byrom St. The Co-op unity house building was further up on the opposit side. Flemmings shop was there.

Thanks

Army and Navy store was there,and a church
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Thanks

George. If you check out the pre war slums page on my site, i'm sure there's a a pic showing a whole row of shops that lines the JMU side of Byrom St including Hathaways toy shop, barbers, laundry etc - the blocks were broken up by St. Stephens st 9which had the church on the corner, the one Gregs dad mentioned, then baptist street, gerard st, Circus st etc - there was Byrom Hall on there too and Leicester buildings at the bottom of Hunter st which contained a print works. Quite a few pubs too including the dunbar and byrom. Then there was Clayton st and cuerden st that existed between Hunter st and the technical college at the bottom of William Brown st, the buses even came down Clayton st at the back of the museum when the flyovers were up in the 70s/80s until it was blocked off.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

The block between Byrom st to Gerard St on 9/3/1931.

At No52 is Hathaways toy shop advertising wholesale merchandise. Stephen Crutes hairdressing saloon where you can have a haircut and shave for 6d is at No.54. Wilson's Laundry ltd is next door at 56 where you could get your shirt and collar starched using Robin starch. John Simon Roberts the fried fish dealer is at 58 and your newspapers and cigarette retailer at No.60 is Henry Eymond the tobacconist. The National Insurance Dispensary, better known as Banners the chemist is at 62 the very end of the block being the Grapes Inn public house.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

George

A bit before my time them Ged,however I still don't remember what was there after them were demolished and before the JMU was built?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast