Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roads

Thumbs up Rocket Junction

ROCKET JUNCTION IN LINE FOR MAJOR FACELIFT

An important junction on the key eastern gateway into Liverpool city centre is in line for a major facelift.

Liverpool Land Development Company has unveiled plans to transform the Rocket
    junction at the end of the M62 motorway with a range of measures that will improve
    its appearance both during the day and at night.

The project provides safety and security improvements and will involve cleaning and treating the imposing Queens Drive flyover and the installation of new artwork and feature lighting.

The subways will be refurbished and enhanced with new security features, while the
    carriageways will be upgraded with new traffic signals, signage and road markings.

Enhanced crossing points, tree and hedgerow planting, the replacement of pedestrian fencing and improved street furniture are also part of the plans.

Subject to planning approvals, work on the scheme will begin as early as next month, which will mean the 20-week contract should be complete by the end of December in time for the start of Liverpool’s Capital of Culture year.

Most of the work will be undertaken during the day, but some work will need to be carried out at night due to access restrictions.

Inevitably a scheme of this nature will cause some traffic disruption. However, every
    effort will be made to keep delays to a minimum.

Commenting on the plans Liverpool Land Development Company Chief Executive, Ian Hassall, said: “The Rocket junction is an important gateway to Liverpool and provides many visitors with their first impression of the city.

“For many years there have been calls for this area to be improved and this project
    will create a unique and exciting entrance to Liverpool.

“It will also significantly improve the local environment for people living and working in the area,” added Mr Hassall.

Over the next few weeks LLDC will keep residents and businesses fully informed on what works will be carried out and how this will impact on them. The project will complement the other improvements which are currently in progress along the Edge Lane corridor.

Representatives will be available in Oakvale Church Hall, Edge Lane Drive on Friday 27th July 2007 from 6pm to 8pm to discuss the plans and answer any questions regarding the scheme. Please visit http://www.edgelane.info for more images and information.

Default roadworks

Has anyone reached the end of their tether? My job involves driving round the city as well as to/from work and I'm running into them all the time. It took me 20 minutes to get through the junction of Queens Dv and Muirhead Ave before, as 3 lanes are going into 1. Add that to the various city centre shenanigans, Edge Lane, Kirkdale Road, now the Rocket, recent stuff on the East Lancs and County Rd and I wonder where it will all end. Part of me is saying its years of neglect in the past by the council and they are now catching up before everything collapses. But when I'm sat in a jam another says there seems to be an aggressive campaign by the council to drive the motorist away. What do others think.

My husband is driving around all day - he says everywhere you go there is digging and cones.

All those places you mention - and the East Lancs rd has been in a mess for ages. It really adds to the stress of getting about in your daily work.
    Last edited by lindylou; 07-26-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Gerard

""""
    Last edited by Gerard; 08-14-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Ha,ha, one of them would be ideal

I see traffic jams all around...Edge Lane is a good area to watch the drivers getting frustrated. I'll photograph a few examples of tailbacks next time I see them.

Roadworks don't bother me really. They can be a bit annoying sometimes, but at the end of the day they are there to improve the roads and carry out essential maintenance.

Blog Entries

I'd stay away from Sefton Park at the mo. They have begun resurfacing it.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

The best thing they can do with the Rocket is to knock it down.

But yet again, LCC will probably spend millions titivating it trying to make it look like it's going for a major re-design when like Edge Lane, all they'll do is to paint some road markings and probably put new kerbstones on.

The biggest problem with the Flyover is that it isn't actually needed. To get from Fiveways/Queens Drive to the other side, you can go through the lights - in both directions. So apart from carrying traffic over because you're too lazy to stop for the lights, it really doesn't do much else.

You can't polish a t*rd I'm afraid.

Blog Entries

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I'd stay away from Sefton Park at the mo. They have begun resurfacing it.
    With grass I hope.

Oh sorry, d'ya mean the perimeter road ?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    The best thing they can do with the Rocket is to knock it down.

But yet again, LCC will probably spend millions titivating it trying to make it look like it's going for a major re-design when like Edge Lane, all they'll do is to paint some road markings and probably put new kerbstones on.

The biggest problem with the Flyover is that it isn't actually needed. To get from Fiveways/Queens Drive to the other side, you can go through the lights - in both directions. So apart from carrying traffic over because you're too lazy to stop for the lights, it really doesn't do much else.

You can't polish a t*rd I'm afraid.
    You can go through the lights, but the flyover does stop congestion from forming underneath. If it was taken away the traffic would be alot worse.

There are signs gone up informing motorists that Holt Road (between Edge Lane and Kensington) is to be closed for 3 weeks from the 15th. Does anybody know why?

Blog Entries

Nope, but last night was rediculous and I'm noticing that on my way home from work recently that it is becomming gridlocked along nearly every route into and out of the city more and more. Last night, Smithdown was chocker, Eggy Rd was chocker as was Garston Way, The Tunnels were too blah blah.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Nope, but last night was rediculous and I'm noticing that on my way home from work recently that it is becomming gridlocked along nearly every route into and out of the city more and more. Last night, Smithdown was chocker, Eggy Rd was chocker as was Garston Way, The Tunnels were too blah blah.
    This morning was not much better, Sefton Park is being re surfaced so there are temp. lights. I tried to go the other way around the park but the Queens' drive junction was choked with traffic and then the Collage had 4 coaches parked outside which did not help
    Last night the tunnels were blocked by a spillage of Caramel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast