Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Anglican Cathedral and Views

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by petecarr View Post
    I'd love to get the shots from there but I'm scared of heights. Oddly I have no problems with a window seat and enjoy flying. My mates went up there and showed me the 7 flights of stairs you have to climb. That looked scary. Stupid irrational fears. Dunno what I'm exactly scared of, but its very annoying.
    I'm slightly scared of heights, I felt very weird going up those stairs, legs went to jelly and the top was an experience and I kept thinking the whole thing was going to collapse, silly I know.

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I'm slightly scared of heights, I felt very weird going up those stairs, legs went to jelly and the top was an experience and I kept thinking the whole thing was going to collapse, silly I know.
    I had that too. I managed to get up the first tiny lift and was walking through the cramped corridor when I swear I felt the building move so I went back down asap. Its crazy really. Its stood for decades and yet I feel that when I'm there it will collapse.

Gerard

I had that too. I managed to get up the first tiny lift and was walking through the cramped corridor when I swear I felt the building move so I went back down asap. Its crazy really. Its stood for decades and yet I feel that when I'm there it will collapse.

I was like El Skiddo when I seen that Narrow bit of a Staircase goin' up what looked like the side of a Mountain..I calmed down a bit up there after standin' in the middle and not Movin for 10 minutes with everybody lookin at me rather strange..And all of a sudden it hit me..Gorra go back down..That was that...I couldnt move again for about half an hour with this Panic attack and it was 10 times worse goin' down as I could not hide and look up or something..I had everything staring right at me as i was watching my step going down..
    NEVER....EVVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. AGAIN !!!!

PhilipG

I don't even like walking across bridges!

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    I don't even like walking across bridges!
    Im made up here Phil, I thought I was the only Coward !!

I felt like that the first and second time I climbed cranes, the second of which I totally froze up and then had to climb back down. I was convinced it was swaying about and it was only a little one. Sometimes I'm ok on the plane - I think it just depends on what frame of mind you're in.

Next time you're up there, try and surpress the irrational thoughts. Easy to say, I know, but harder to do (as I find in the plane!). Funnily enough, I went to see a psychotherapist about the flying thing (which is better now than it was) and he was a pilot himself, but couldn't stand being high up on something connected to the ground!! When I did Beetham West crane the first time, I got to the top on my own and had to talk to myself the whole time I was up there to keep calm!

When I was a kid, If I walked past tall buildings I used to cover thinking they were going to fall!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I hate being up ladders, but I can make myself do it if I have to.
    Weird thing is, when I was at the top of the Empire State years ago it was so high it looked unreal when looking down so it didn't bother me.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

I've been to the top of the cathedral a couple of times. I didn't find it at all frightening. It's quite safe.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I've been to the top of the cathedral a couple of times. I didn't find it at all frightening. It's quite safe.

I'll have to arrange a visit next time I'm there for the forum when the bells are ringing. They're that bloody loud, you'll soon forget all about your worry of heights

But I'm the same, I hate heights but I'm ok if I'm 'safe' - i.e the Cathedral isn't going to fall over and I feel safe at the top. Try the crows nest at the top of the Municiple Buildings (Liverpool Council offices) - the black tiny metal seethrough ledge.......

That's what I think Jona, it's not as if you are going to fall off the top.

I'm not too scared of heights. I'm not going to say I'd like to walk a tightrope across a sheer drop or something !! but I don't mind going up towers or on cable cars. ( I went on a very high cable car trip in Spain).

I went to the top of York Minster twice.

Gerard

That's what I think Jona, it's not as if you are going to fall off the top.

I'm not too scared of heights. I'm not going to say I'd like to walk a tightrope across a sheer drop or something !! but I don't mind going up towers or on cable cars. ( I went on a very high cable car trip in Spain).

I went to the top of York Minster twice.
    Cable Cars..Arrrrrrrrrr..Never again.
    Must have only been about 30 ft up in Southport (I think) and this things swayin' and me little legs were goin everywhere and me Lad was laughin' his head off next t' me shakin around to make it worse and Im havin' a panic attack..
    But when I was a Kid I loved goin' on New Brighton Cable Cars.

The ones at Llandudno great Orm are good.

I've got some pics of cable car rides - I'll post when I get around to it.

Gerard

The ones at Llandudno great Orm are good.

I've got some pics of cable car rides - I'll post when I get around to it.

I've got some guduns meself on the Great Orme..none from cable cars though!!

I think you's are makin' a mountain out of a mole hill.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast