Thread: TUGBOAT CREWS

Default TUGBOAT CREWS

Hi all, just wondered if any of you former seamen,knew of any organisation that might record tugboat crews,particularly the 30's/40's?
    Ta Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Hi all, just wondered if any of you former seamen,knew of any organisation that might record tugboat crews,particularly the 30's/40's?
    Ta Steve.
    Hi wsteve55.
    This is not what you are looking for, but you may find it of interest.
    http://www.gazela.org/ships/jupiter/jupiter.htm

Reg
    thaithyme

Quote Originally Posted by bangorreg View Post
    Hi wsteve55.
    This is not what you are looking for, but you may find it of interest.
    http://www.gazela.org/ships/jupiter/jupiter.htm

Reg
    Thanks for that reg',interesting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Thanks for that reg',interesting stuff!
    Hi Wsteve55.
    Found this site,"Tugboat Forum", I feel sure they would like to help you!
    Reh.
    http://www.tugboatsf.us/FORUM.htm
    thaithyme

After I read this Interesting article from this link http://www.ratson.com, i got an idea to make 3d models and miniaturs of Tug Boat, Landing Craft Tank (LCT), Oil Tanker / Self Propelled Oil Barge (SPOB), Deck Cargo Barge, Fiber Boat for business & military purpose..

does anyone have other references? pls..

brgds,
    yp

Quote Originally Posted by yosipanji View Post
    After I read this Interesting article from this link http://www.ratson.com, i got an idea to make 3d models and miniaturs of Tug Boat, Landing Craft Tank (LCT), Oil Tanker / Self Propelled Oil Barge (SPOB), Deck Cargo Barge, Fiber Boat for business & military purpose..

does anyone have other references? pls..

brgds,
    yp
    Hi Yosipanji
    Due to an error I am unable to use the name Bangorreg for a few months now ----My new user name is "rbrewr"
    Reg.

HI All,
    Tugboat Crews is a difficult one,I know the Alexander Towing Co., in Liverpool Crew lists were all destrowed in the Blitzes.But if any one else is interested in a copy of the Crew on the Alex. Co. Tug "Waterloo" night of the 1911 census I will send you a copy of mine. Will list names and home,it may help. Master A.Berry, married, age 43, Lancashire, Liverpool. Albert Brooks? Mate, married, age 40, Wallasey , Cheshire. John Hilton, Sailor, age 24, single, Bebington, Cheshire. Phillip Kewley, Trimmer, single, age 20, Liverpool, Lancashire. Edward Steele, 1st,Engineer, married, age 34, Liverpool, Lancashire. Thomas Myles, 2,nd Engineer, married, age 40, Wrexham, Denby Island ??? Just send a PM and it will be on its way.Best Regards ken Berry

Hi.
    I wonder if you have seen the following site. has lots of information and contacts.
    http://www.tugboatlife.com/Page-2.html

Reg.

Blog Entries

Hi Reg,
    Thanks for the info on the Gazela, sounds as if it is worth joining and nipping over to PhIi for a trip. I will get my two operations sorted and then have a go.

Hi,
    Captin Kong and all you guys "yes" I still around. This is my new Computer all the hard drive etc etc are in the monitor,Its for my 80th, but my 3 girls, husband, Kids, G/Kids and G/G/Kids let me have it early as I was crook over Christmas. and it isn't till July my birthday. So hope the Big Guy up Top lets me get 6 months use. Have you tried the tug Companies for crew lists,one problem is most have change there name or crossed the bar.Liverpool Maritime have a few Records left, although most were destroyed in the Blitz. I was a lucky one my G/dad Captain and/or Master was on the "Waterloo" in Langton Dock all the crew names are on the census as it was 1911. Then the "Wateloo" went down to just forgotten to Cardiff or Swansea "these two sites have some tug members". Which ever Port it was was ust becoming a major port and the Alexander Towing Co. Wanted some of the Action. She was renamed the "Mumbles 1" have a couple of photos of her. One is rather special as it was taken in 1956 she is on the hard proped or shorn up
    with timber. At the Briton Ferry, she looks like you could just fire her boilers up and she would have been ready to sail if they had put her in some water. She was broken up there. Also the Signing on papers for my G/dad 4th June 1926 as a Master on the "Bramley Moore" which he retired from a month or so after WW2 ended aged 76. 6 Pound 6 Shillings a week plus 2 1/2 % of the tugs gross earnings, whilst he was in command. Hoping to get to the Pool again by best used by date s there seems to be other interesting items around. Any one have rellies on the "Waterloo" 1911. They were Alfred Berry, Master, born Lancaster,
    Albert Brooky??, Mate, born Wallasey Cheshire. John Hilton, Sailor, born Bebington Cheshire. Phillip Knowley
    Trimmer, born Liverpool Lancashire. Lawrence Steele, 1st Engineer, born Liverpool Lancashire. Thomas Myle
    2nd Engineer, born ??????, Pembry Island. Will only be to pleased to send a copy. Best Regards to you All
    Great to be back again. Ken Berry.

Blog Entries

This portrait is of the Booth Liner ANSELM,the second ship in the fleet to bear that name. She is shown making her way up the Amazon on the 1000 mile journey to Manaus. She was built by Workman ,Clark &Co. in Belfast in 1905. ANSELM served with the Booth Line until 1922 ,when she was sold to owners in Argentina ,who renamed her Commodoro Rivadavia. She was eventually broken up in 1959.

This study was the work of a Brazilian artist D.W.E.Gutman ,allof whose knowwn paintings are portraits of Booth Line ships.
    BrianD
    This is from the British Mercantile Memorial Collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Ships.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	686.5 KB 
ID:	24318