YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Dock - What should happen to it

Thanks

Default Stanley Dock - What should happen to it

I'm starting a project on Stanley dock and have been asked to research what the locals would have happen to stanley dock, what do they want it converting into / if anything at all. Would they like to see appartments, shops, fishing facilities, fish farms, equatic research centre / environm,ent / global warming research facilites / new technology centre, museums...
    anything at all, just collecting ideas. Doesnt matter if something has been agreed by the council concerning what will happen to it...i just need ideas from locals...
    Any help is appreciated. thanks

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave_p View Post
    I'm starting a project on Stanley dock and have been asked to research what the locals would have happen to stanley dock, what do they want it converting into / if anything at all. Would they like to see appartments, shops, fishing facilities, fish farms, equatic research centre / environm,ent / global warming research facilites / new technology centre, museums...
    anything at all, just collecting ideas. Doesnt matter if something has been agreed by the council concerning what will happen to it...i just need ideas from locals...
    Any help is appreciated. thanks
    Surely there aren't that many locals left? That's why the pub's down there,have closed!? Is this just a procedure!

Thanks

this is just for a research project, i understand a lot of the locals have moved out of that area, and the docks need re-developing. was just wondering what people would like done with that space, what they would like built there that would benefit liverpool, rather than just another albert dock type of thing...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave_p View Post
    this is just for a research project, i understand a lot of the locals have moved out of that area, and the docks need re-developing. was just wondering what people would like done with that space, what they would like built there that would benefit liverpool, rather than just another albert dock type of thing...
    I understand that there aren't as many people around,in that area,and the ones who are,live in the fairly new estate,nearby,so probably dont care what happens to Stanley dock! The indigenous population,have long departed,one way,or another!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    I understand that there aren't as many people around,in that area,and the ones who are,live in the fairly new estate,nearby,so probably dont care what happens to Stanley dock! The indigenous population,have long departed,one way,or another!
    Few people ever lived that close to the dock. The area should have some sort of attraction - arty or whatever, but no stadium or arena. It needs animation and that means residential flats, bars, shops, etc. Having only residential and no bars or shops makes it sterile. Look at parts of Coburg dock. Unless you live there, there is no need to go.

It needs a Merseyrail station nearby to make it attractive. The rapid-transit will make it a success.
    Last edited by Waterways; 09-03-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Thanks

thanks for your replies guys,
    i visited the dock a few weeks back and its a shame nothing has been done there to liven it up. it needs a new lease of life to get people visit the site as it has so much heritage.
    The market in the old factory is still running after all those years and and i'd like any re-generation of that area to keep the market as part of that location.
    the railstation nearby seems like a must, but what do you do with all that space. what do you build there. Flats and shop etc will all be required as in most re-developments, but what would you have there that keeps the heriateg alive? what will get the tourists coming and even liverpools residents to kickstart a new era in the dock?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast