Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everton Terrace

Default Everton Terrace

Hi,
    Does anyone remember anything about Everton Terrace. My Great Grandma, Alice Owens ran a shop at 51 Everton Terrace. SHe had children called Billy (who died in WW1) Alice, Mary Catherine (she was known as Kate) Gertie Tom, Charlie, Joe and Lily. My Great Grandad lived there too until he died in abt 1919.
    Any info or pics would be fantastic.

Thanx D x

Had a look for some pic's,and only found these,which I didn't save very well,and are of Browside,which I think,was in the general area?( have a look at Ged's site,"inacityliving", there are plenty of Everton pic's)
    Thanks Steve.

Thanks Steve.

Yes wardleyd, the high rise pics page has some of the tower blocks on Everton Terrace and the post war b&w pages has some rows of houses. Your relatives may remember a tragic accident that happened in one of the houses there in the 50s.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Ged your site is fantastic I spent one evening last week going through all the snaps! Even my friend in Kentucky was impressed haha!

Anyway what I would like to ask is do you have anything on Amos Street, Everton? Not far from Netherfield Road I expect. My grandmother was raised there, she is now 95 and still going strong. I'm doing the family tree which is going great but I am after snaps of the areas.

Thanks!

George

You sure it was Amos Street? and not Pathamos Street?

I lived round that area as a child but don't recollect an Amos Street,although I was a kid at the time maybe I'm wrong?

Could be George will ask Nan in the morning!

Hiya Lou and welcome to the forum. Thanks for the comments about the site. There was an Amos Street too George, off your Hill actually - St. Georges Hill, it ran between Minera st and Cochrane St. I don't appear to have any pics of it as yet Lou but i'll look out for some next time i'm in the LRO.

George, a question for you since you're ex Northumberland/York Terrace/Albion St area. I have a couple of pics on the high rise page of my site sent to me labelled as Cresswell Mount but showing the Cygnet pub on them and the corner of a bank - Do you recall them looking like that?

George

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    George, a question for you since you're ex Northumberland/York Terrace/Albion St area. I have a couple of pics on the high rise page of my site sent to me labelled as Cresswell Mount but showing the Cygnet pub on them and the corner of a bank - Do you recall them looking like that?
    I do Ged,why?the bank as you call it was a school and the playground showing in the pic is right on the edge of a slope.

I remember going to a sunday playgroup at the end of Nethy/bottom of York Terrace...tis where I made paper mache puppet heads and got put in charge of the punch&judy show every sunday.
    Last edited by George; 08-28-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Thanks Ged much appreciated!

Hiya George. Are we on about the same pics here.

Check out this page. http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=33776503&cr=7

Scroll down almost to the bottom. The pics on the 8th and 9th lines up. Is that tower block Cresswell mount - I don't remember it turning a corner like that and the roof line looks different but i'd never seen it from the back. Also the Cygnet pub is there and a building seeming to say Bank. What street would the bank and the pub be on.

Cheers,

Ged.

George

How many lines up after the Cantril Farm pics Ged? I can't see any bank you're on about? can yer be more specific on the photo?

Is it the pic showing the lorry turing the corner? and the line below it says...

"Boundary Street in 1972 showing the row of Georgian terraces that contained doctors and dentists. Marwood Towers and Corinth Towers are between Great Homer Street and Netherfield Road in the distance"
    Last edited by George; 08-28-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Go right to the bottom of the page.

Then count up, either 8 or 9 lines - you see the words ANK so i'm assuming it's a bank

There's two pics one on top of the other, each with the Cygnet pub on them. Do you recognise the area?

George

Then count up, either 8 or 9 lines - you see the words ANK so i'm assuming it's a bank

There's two pics one on top of the other, each with the Cygnet pub on them. Do you recognise the area?
    Yes,the street by the ANK is either Adelaide St or Melbourne St? the Aussie named ones,are these the streets yer looking at? if its the ones on the other side by the Cygnet? then my map doesn't show these names as it ends there.

What else could it be?

George

Whatever it is I'm not upto finding out...got the **** wildies this morning

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast