Thread: Long MAY BILLY reign!

Question Long MAY BILLY reign!

Hiya folks!

Can anyone please help me? I've just got myself one of those new-fangled tape to Mp3/CD converter contraptions and was through my old collection of cassette tapes when I came across an old live recording of Uber-hip and legendary Scouse pub and club singer Billy May! Sadly, the tape's not in the best of form and I daren't try to convert it.

This is a great pity cos I spent many a night, bleary-eyed and p!ssed singing away with everyone to Billy's rendition of 'Grandma's Feather Bed', 'The Music Man' and 'Far Canal' before walking home from town to Netherley and/or Woolton more p!ssed and still singing my faves as I went and wondered if anyone knows what happened to Billy May?! He truly was a Liverpool Legend in his day, with a HUGE following.

If anyone could tell me if it's possible to get hold of any recordings of his some 20-odd years on from "the Day", I'd really appreciate the nod....
    Last edited by alba1314; 08-21-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Cheers,

alba

Alba gu brĂ th!

If you think your head is mashed, you wanna try being inside my head?!

Welcome Alba. I've never heard of him - too young perhaps

I take it you don't mean Billy Maher - of Radio Merseyside and ex Liverpool club singer.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Never heard of the guy. What time period are you talking about?

Default My dad loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by alba1314 View Post
    Hiya folks!

Can anyone please help me? I've just got myself one of those new-fangled tape to Mp3/CD converter contraptions and was through my old collection of cassette tapes when I came across an old live recording of Uber-hip and legendary Scouse pub and club singer Billy May! Sadly, the tape's not in the best of form and I daren't try to convert it.

This is a great pity cos I spent many a night, bleary-eyed and p!ssed singing away with everyone to Billy's rendition of 'Grandma's Feather Bed', 'The Music Man' and 'Far Canal' before walking home from town to Netherley and/or Woolton more p!ssed and still singing my faves as I went and wondered if anyone knows what happened to Billy May?! He truly was a Liverpool Legend in his day, with a HUGE following.

If anyone could tell me if it's possible to get hold of any recordings of his some 20-odd years on from "the Day", I'd really appreciate the nod....
    Hello,
    God yes i remember him. My dad use to play his songs all the time. If you have a copy of his cassette i know a place who will convert it to cd. I would be willing to go halves with you on the price for a copy. It would be nice to give it to my dad and also listen to all those class songs we listened to as kids.

Cheers
    Marc

Blog Entries

Could this be he...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoJIf...x=0&playnext=1