Thread: "Liverpool Lads"

FKoE

Default "Liverpool Lads"

Robbie Brookside and Doc Dean both Liverpool born, were former British Open Tag Wrestling champions

<<Source>>

Quote Originally Posted by FKoE
    Robbie Brookside and Doc Dean both Liverpool born, were former British Open Tag Wrestling champions

<<Source>>
    i knew doc dean,a good lad.they did a video diary on bbc 2 which was spot on.would be good to see again

FKoE

Quote Originally Posted by matchworks
    i knew doc dean,a good lad.they did a video diary on bbc 2 which was spot on.would be good to see again

I'll have a search on the weekend see if I can find the the documentary.

So Matchy, can you expand on the original post mate, info etc

I'll have a search on the weekend see if I can find the the documentary.

So Matchy, can you expand on the original post mate, info etc
    sure,the lads wrestled all around the country and the video diary was showing how hard it was to make a living,a few of us went to st georges hall to watch them and they put on a good show.funny story about doc dean was he told his mum he was working away with his uncle(he was about 15 at the time)but all the while he was sleeping with "klondike kate"britains #1 female wrestler.petite she wasn't,ended up having a baby together,last i heard doc dean was trying to get on the pro scene in the usa and rob brookside was opening an academy somewhere local.hope it worked out for them.

FKoE

Theres a couple of wikipedia entries about them,and another local feller ...

Seeing as you knew the lads, or at least remember them, can you do the diggin' ?

Cheers Matchy

Theres a couple of wikipedia entries about them,and another local feller ...

Seeing as you knew the lads, or at least remember them, can you do the diggin' ?

Cheers Matchy
    have done howie,waiting to hear from some wrestling reviewer who has the tape,he gives it a good right up so hopefully he'll be in touch.he does say doc dean retired to florida to run a plumbing business.