Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jack the Ripper

Hi all

Just to keep the pot simmering. And I still don't think it was Mister Maybrick. The following is copied from another site.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Covell View Post
    I stumbled upon this site by accident entitled Democratic Underground.com and found this debate.

It's full of little links but worth reading as the woman involved claims to have solved the case.

This the debate page,

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x5868019

This is the direct link to her blog where she claims to have solved the case.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larisa...d_b_34606.html

:boxing:

Thanks, Mike. This case has been "solved" by so many people!!!!

If you're a soccer fan, it's like all the sides Jurgen Klinsmann is going to coach and never does. I wonder if he is paid a retainer just to have his name mentioned whenever there's a coaching vacancy for a top soccer club.

Chris

Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I reckon he just 'dives' in there.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default Jack the Ripper

Proof of the Joseph Sickert claim regarding Jack the Ripper, the identity of Mary Jane Kelly, the complicity of Sir Charles Warren and Inspector Abberline in the Whitechapel murders, and much more, are outlined in a new book on eBooks-UK by Peter Londragan.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswulf View Post
    Proof of the Joseph Sickert claim regarding Jack the Ripper, the identity of Mary Jane Kelly, the complicity of Sir Charles Warren and Inspector Abberline in the Whitechapel murders, and much more, are outlined in a new book on eBooks-UK by Peter Londragan.
    Er....thanks Pete.

Chris48

Wasn't Tumblety followed back to the USA by the Metropolitan Police?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

Just to keep the pot simmering. And I still don't think it was Mister Maybrick. The following is copied from another site.

Thanks, Mike. This case has been "solved" by so many people!!!!

If you're a soccer fan, it's like all the sides Jurgen Klinsmann is going to coach and never does. I wonder if he is paid a retainer just to have his name mentioned whenever there's a coaching vacancy for a top soccer club.

Chris
    Larisa's blog makes a lot of sense.. and a very interesting compelling read.. George Chapman, hanged for such brutality and insanity.. amazing stuff there Chris.. ta for the article...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
    Wasn't Tumblety followed back to the USA by the Metropolitan Police?
    Yes he was, apparently, although the case against him seems less strong than it was some years ago. Tumblety himself seems to have had a hand in publicizing the fact that he was a suspect in the Ripper case. It enabled him, as an Irish nationalist ,to lampoon Scotland Yard and also disguise that the charges they had him up on was for what was then termed "unnatural practices" with several other men. He also used publicity when he was arrested at the time of the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865 to put out a pamplet proclaiming his innocence and pushing his quakery, so in 1889 he similarly put out a pamphlet saying he was innocent to promote his business.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Blog Entries

Sort of related, certainly with the Ripper/Maybrick collection. If this is an innapropriate thread could the mods please move it to where it should be.

Tuesday April 15th

from www.williamsontunnels.co.uk

The Florence Maybrick Trial

Drama Students from Liverpool John Moores University will be recreating the trial of Florence Maybrick (for the murder of her husband James).

After an hour of listening to the evidence and a short interval (when refresments will be on sale) the audience will be asked to decide the verdict.

Tickets, priced £2, are available from the Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre or from the Joe H Makin Drama Centre, Pilgrim Street.

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by fortinian View Post
    Sort of related, certainly with the Ripper/Maybrick collection. If this is an innapropriate thread could the mods please move it to where it should be.

Tuesday April 15th

from www.williamsontunnels.co.uk

The Florence Maybrick Trial

Drama Students from Liverpool John Moores University will be recreating the trial of Florence Maybrick (for the murder of her husband James).

After an hour of listening to the evidence and a short interval (when refresments will be on sale) the audience will be asked to decide the verdict.

Tickets, priced £2, are available from the Williamson Tunnels Heritage Centre or from the Joe H Makin Drama Centre, Pilgrim Street.
    When is this? 15th April?

Blog Entries

I think it is the 15th of April. I can't find anything else online about it but apparently the audience get to vote on finding Florence guility or innocent!

Not bad for £2.

Quote Originally Posted by fortinian View Post
    I think it is the 15th of April. I can't find anything else online about it but apparently the audience get to vote on finding Florence guility or innocent!

Not bad for £2.

She was well stitched up. Tried for her morals more than anything. He used arsenic regularly. It was used for treating VD at the time but I am not sure if that was the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Al View Post
    She was well stitched up. Tried for her morals more than anything. He used arsenic regularly. It was used for treating VD at the time but I am not sure if that was the reason?
    I agree with you there in that time married women having an affair were treated with ****ation

Hi all

When you hear "Jack the Ripper" and "Liverpool" all in one sentence, it is usually in regard to James Maybrick and the controversial "Diary" that came to light in 1992 and was first discussed in Shirley Harrison's The Diary of Jack the Ripper in 1993, published by Smith Gryphon and in later books by Ms. Harrison as well.

However, it could be that two of the Ripper's victims had Liverpool connections as well.

The last canonical victim, Mary Jane Kelly, killed on the morning of 9 November 1888, might have been in a Catholic Girls Reformatory in Old Swan in 1881, as discussed in a recent thread.

However, the origins of Mary Jane Kelly, such a common name, are as shrouded in mystery as the truth about the Ripper himself, as we discussed in Ripperologist last month. In the article "Mary Jane Kelly: From May Place, Liverpool, to Miller's Court?" on the 1881 census listing showing a Mary Jane Kelly at that institution on Broad Green Lane that we finalized with help from a number of forum members, we discussed the problems of research on the woman killed in Miller's Court, Spitalfields, London. If anybody would like a copy of that article, please email me and I will send you the pdf.

Another possible victim of Jack the Ripper was Carrie Brown, murdered in New York City on the night of April 23-24, 1891. Carrie Brown, known as "Old Shakespeare" was said to have been born in Liverpool.

Best regards

Chris George
    Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 12-10-2008 at 03:48 PM.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Courtesy of Howard Brown at JtR Forums:

Birmingham Daily Post
    November 29, 1890

Most, if not all, of the "Jack the Ripper letters" are thought to have been concocted by trouble-making members of the public or, perhaps initially, by newsmen desiring to hype up the murders. Here's an instance of a Merseyside boy who jumped on the bandwagon.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Have you read the Tom Slemen/Keith Andrews book 'solving' the Ripper case yet Chris?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast