Thread: W.D.Brabim Butchers St.Johns Square

Default W.D.Brabim Butchers St.Johns Square

Dear Mr Smurf, (A Senior Memember and Gentleman)
    Thank You for the photos of Old Liverpool,I had a pretty good photographic memory from when I was a lad.But had a faint suspicsion that it had stared to fail me the last 3 months.The butchers as above. A number of people had told me no I was wrong.You have given me a new lease of life,as I thought I was reaching or had reached "My best used by date" Also like to Thank The Digital Photo Library.Any idea how much a copy would cost.My Dad was a Butcher there between 1930-1940 As a lad I can remember a photo taken outside the Shop with about 15 Butchers standing all in Line.My Dad was standing on the extreme left if my memory serves me correctly.We did have a photo but I went to sea in 1953 and 1956 and stayed in NZ.My 2 sisters one 10 years younger and the other 20 have no recollection of it.There was a butcher named Alma Mills he had a copy or might have borrowed ours.If any one sees or hears of it,a long shot,please keep in touch.Thank You All and Mr Smurf, Best Regards Ken Berry

.. and Ken Berry, a big thankyou from me too for you kind help and info regarding a subject that is of interest to me.

Default Butchers

The name of the butchers was Brabin not Brabim They also had a shop on Derby Lane Old Swan in the 50's & 60s which was my first port of call every Saturday morning doing the weekend shopping for my mum
    Once a blue always a blue

Thumbs up Brabim and Stanley Park

Hi All,
    Thanks "bluesareus" Senior Member,thats probably why I never got any answers for so long.Everyone might have thought I was an ignorant so and so and couldn't spell "Brabim" properly and othr words.Thanks Again.
    Thanks as well "lindylou" Modern Moderator. Need any more help, will alays try to give a good answer.Do you go round Stanley Park,with your Camera and Dog for walks very often.I used to live in Hornsey Road four roads past the Arklesl.Could tell you a couple of funny stories about Stanley Park and the Arkles if this is the right forum site.
    Thanks To you Both.Best Regards Ken Berry