Please send an email or letter ASAP to:
Jon Woodward (planning officer)
Liverpool City Council
I advise all to make an objection by letter or email ASAP to the filling in of West Waterloo Dock
Email for objection:
Some points of objection. I'm sure you can think of more
1. West Waterloo dock is historic nearly 200 years old, dating from 1834.
2. The historic dock is a part of the rich heritage of Liverpool
3. The dock forms a water environment for the flats between West Waterloo Dock and East Waterloo Dock. The residents bought those flats because of the water environment the locale offered. This will be obliterated.
4. Filling in of the dock further “obliterates the City On The Water”, which the city was promised the redundant docks would be, transforming the city to world renowned Amsterdam or Hamburg.
5. Dock being filled in as a convenient dump for waste material for the canal developer.
6. Filling in the dock degrades the water based environment of the area for future developments.