Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool's Chinese community

Default Re Chinnese Communities.

Sorry re the above message this is the person you can Email for aprivate message. The Site is

www.halfandhalf.org.uk/

Caterina..
    Last edited by Kev; 06-24-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Default Re Family.

Hello everyone Wow... I have found my family i have been following up a line of research and i had a strange feeling although the certificates said different i was right. Yes i was my Mother had changed her name that,s why i couldn,t find any trace of her but birthdates and years were right so i just knew. My mother died i found in 1987 too late to see her and ask all the questions like why ?. But i now know i have five half siblings whether they will want to know me i do not know as yet. To any one who has tried to help me and given support Thankyou from the bottom of my heart..

Caterina

Quote Originally Posted by caterina View Post
    Hello everyone Wow... I have found my family
    Very happy for you and I hope, when you finally meet your siblings, it will be just as happy for you.
    Help find Madeleine

Very pleased to hear your news. Hope all goes well for you.

Default Re Family

Lindy lou and Sloyne thank you so much for your replys i had sadness and joy . I say to anyone searching leave no stone unturned pull out all the stops. KEEP THE FAITH..

caterina..

chippie

Caterina, go for it baby. Seek them all out and send them all letters, otherwise you will find out if you hadn,t, that you,ve wasted precious time. And people are so very precious, especially your own. Well done love.

From the bottom of my heart and Lindy lou,s bottom also.

chippie

I,ll probably get a pm for that from Lindy. HELP

Default Re Family

Hiyah Chippie thanks love for your good wishes yes you are right re the letters . I have written one so far to the main contact re one of my half sisters and have said there is no pressure. Luckily for me i have some wonderful cousins in Liverpool who have helped and supported me no end. You Liverpool people are in the words of a Yorkshire lass.

The Salt of the Earth..

Caterina

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    Caterina, go for it baby. Seek them all out and send them all letters, otherwise you will find out if you hadn,t, that you,ve wasted precious time. And people are so very precious, especially your own. Well done love.

From the bottom of my heart and Lindy lou,s bottom also.

Whats this about Rrrrrrrr Lindys bottom then eh..eh..whats goin on ere !!

chippie

You get on with yer knittin, Gerard. Those words came from one of my teachers at Prince Rupert, Margaret Street School. There must have been a thing about him and bottoms....

What happened to this Ah Ying?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

Liverpool's Chinese Community marks the anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic of China with a day of celebrations in Chinatown.

Consul General Jianzhong-Gong from the Chinese Consulate in Manchester joined more than two hundred invited guests at the event at the China Palace on Berry Street marking the 58th anniversary of the founding of the Peoples Republic of China.

The Chinese fan dance

Celebrations, marking the birthday on October 1st, included traditional Chinese dancing, folk singing, a martial arts demonstration and plenty of delicious Chinese food.

John Sung, Chairman of the Wah Sing Community Centre and co-ordinator for the day’s event said “Liverpool’s Chinese Community is privileged to play our part in the making of the success story of this city, and of the recent Chinese past.”

Heritage

Liverpool’s Chinese community is the oldest established Chinese community in Europe, and was established mid-nineteenth century largely thanks to trade links between Shanghai and the Merseyside port.

The lion dance

These trade links were formed after the East India Company lost its monopoly on trade with China and trade with the Far East opened up with the rest of the world. Many of the first Chinese immigrants to Liverpool arrived after the Blue Funnel Shipping Line established their steamer trade route between Liverpool and Shanghai.

Barbara King is Liverpool’s International Relations manager; her family came to Liverpool from China in the early part of the twentieth century.Audio and Video links on this page require Realplayer

“I’m very proud of my own heritage – I’m a quarter Chinese, my father is half Chinese and my grandfather worked on the Blue Funnel Shipping line. He came to Liverpool in the 1900s and decided to make Liverpool his home.

Barbara and Alan King

"My relations come from Guangzhou, which is Southern China, and so I do speak a little bit of Cantonese. Because of our links with Shanghai I have been attending night school over the last year and have been learning a little bit of Mandarin. It’s a very difficult language to learn, especially with a scouse accent!”

The birthday date marks the anniversary of the day that Chairman Mao Zedong led the Communist party to victory over the Nationalist party following a bitter 20 year civil war. It was on the 1st October 1939 that Mao victoriously declared the birth of a ‘New China’.

China is now the world’s most populous country with a head count in the region of 1.3 billion people – one fifth of the planet’s total population. It is the largest and fastest developing country in the world.

BBC Liverpool
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Looking for ex colleague

This is probably not the right place for this but I'm trying to locate Selina Newby (nee Chan) who I worked with for many years in the Education Department at Liverpool City Council. We lost touch about 7 year ago and I would like to re-establish contact. I'd be grateful for any help.

Default Help

Hi
    I'm new to this place but was looking for help. I'm a teacher at the New Christ the King Centre for Learning and as part of Yr 7 curriculum we're looking at Chinese folklore and new year. Does anyone know of any groups who visit schools with the Dragons or storytellers?
    Any help would be grately appreciated.

Wedding Photographer charlieding's Avatar

Default Looking for other Chinese people...?

Hi Guys, I was hoping for some help, basically I'm looking for some Chinese people to hang out with.

I came to the UK when I was 9 (I'm now 27), and have had exclusively English friends, though on a recent trip back to China and after speaking only Chinese for 2 weeks I have had a strong urge to carry on with hanging out with Chinese people, playing some cards and Majon, drinking tea, etc. So does anyone know of any Chinese communities or societies? People from the main-land, Mandarin speakers?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Charlie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast