Thread: Hard luck henry

Default Hard luck henry

I would like to lift my glass, (it contains a fine blackberry port made here on dis island, off the coast of british columbia, canada...Indeed! you might be asking yurself what is a canuck, who lives on a island, on the other side of the world, doing posting about one hard luck henry in the great liverpudians thread...Well....lean in...whilst I tell you...

One dark winter night, we canucks were hanging at our message board, just like this place. Suddenly, a stranger appeared, one, hard luck henry...Right away we all knew henry was a "special" kind of wanker...We canucks are not use to manners and intelligence, as we spend most of our time kicking neoconservative ass at our fourm. Henry hard luck, bigh, I call him is a liverpudian..meseryside to be exact. Course, bigh took a shine to the poem by Robert Service, called hard luck henry...hense his name.

Anyhos..on with the story...I heard things about liverpool, negative things over the years, but hard luck henry showed us what a rich beautiful place it was. Most of all tho, he showed us the wit and the humour and the intelligence of liverpudians. Course we have to put up with our grammer and words being corrected, to which we say blah blah... And he started a board war, coz we are using fecker now! Thank you henry hard luck for showing us a culture and a people as fine as this here blackberry port...Ehm...I might send a few canucks over here...just to mess you lot...

Psst...don't bother correcting my english or my sentences...I gots henry hard luck for that....cheers and beers liverpudians...

Pys

A.D.Williams

Greetings Lil Pea. We'll not hassle you about spelling and stuff, but would rather you didn't swear, like.

Welcome to this little part of cyber space all the same.

Blog Entries

What have I awoken too this morning? Welcome lil pea and as Davina says 'please do not swear'
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I think 'feckers' is an Irish idiom isn't it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou
    I think 'feckers' is an Irish idiom isn't it ??
    Like 'feck off' as I read on the net so often?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

The Irish say ''Feck off ''

Aye, well they're a feckless lot. (btw. that's a real word, and a clean one)

The infamous Irish stereotype, created by your "punch" magazine...To funny, incredible that this racist image could survive. Course, its kind of hard to sell that to anyone who has read any Swift, Shaw, Wilde, Yeats, Seamus Heaney or Joyce eh??

Lil' pea, you on Mayne Is.? I've got rels there. Beautiful place.

The Random House Dictionary notes that: "The term Canuck is first recorded about 1835 as an Americanism, originally referring specifically to a French Canadian. This was probably the original meaning, though in Canada and other countries, Canuck now more often refers to any Canadian."

The use of "Canuck" parallels that of some other potentially offensive nicknames, that is, when used by the people it names — Canadians in this case — it is usually acceptable. But when used by an outsider — in this case particularly American strangers — it can be easily misinterpreted and deemed as insulting one's heritage. Although it is not as severe as most ethnic slurs, some consider it one.
    Well... you learn something every day!
    Ermine tastes much the same as sackcloth when there's nothing left to eat.