Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Mosquito

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Good children popping into shops, buying something and then getting off home or to any of those lists of 'nice' things I mentioned wouldn't be targetted with this device though would they?

The problem is greed Shoney.

Ever since off licences sprung up on every corner and supermarkets were allowed to sell ale 24/7 and nightclubs open till 6am - there is a get drunk as quick as possible culture and a feeling that kids haven't enjoyed a night out unless they're paralitic and doing something outrageous. Even the ladettes and hen nights you see on programmes such as boozy Britain with flashers and teenages spewing up all over the place and comatose on the ground with their pants around their ankles. You only have to drive through town in the early hours of the weekend like I do to pick my girls up to see what's going on, to say it isn't is saying my eyes are playing up and to fudge the issue.
    not saying we don't have a booze culture with teens here at all we do, however they don't sting the shops etc... ( why would you burn the hand that feeds you ) they get the booze, somehow as we have strict under18 laws , take it somewhere else and get bladdered

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by shoney View Post
    not saying we don't have a booze culture with teens here at all we do, however they don't sting the shops etc... ( why would you burn the hand that feeds you ) they get the booze, somehow as we have strict under18 laws , take it somewhere else and get bladdered
    And that's exactly what happens in Park Road.

Ged.
    I'm repeating myself by saying there is a problem, but until this device learns to differentiate between the good and the bad, it shouldn't be allowed.
    If a child of mine was subjected to this noise, I'd sue!

Don't parents these days accept any responsibilty for their children?

I agree, it should start with the parenting.

But at 7pm do we have curfews, how about the ones I see in Bootle and Kirkdale on a sat or sun afternoon, possibly even weekday afternoons but i'm in work so I don't know.

I'm at a risk of repeating myself that this alarm isn't set off willy nilly for someone doing their regular shopping, it's clearly to dispurse unruly mobs that congregate in an intimidating manner, albeit to somewhere else. I don't know if you'd be allow to sue someone using something legal on their own premises?

How do parents chastise their children these days, do they get a fine or jail for not keeping their kids in check, would the kids not just laugh at that, it wouldn't bother them. Some people shouldn't be allowed to be parents.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

PhilipG

Yes, I do know there's an on-off switch.
    If the youths are just going to peacefully walk away, then how bad are they?
    It's more likely they will plan revenge.
    (They have to prove they're 'The scum of the earth', don't they?).

I'm logging off now for the rest of the day.

Yes, you're probably right about the revenge. Have a nice day, speak later.

Blog Entries

Any teen with a bit of self respect and a good upbringing wouldn't hang around an offee anyway.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Yes, I do know there's an on-off switch.
    If the youths are just going to peacefully walk away, then how bad are they?
    It's more likely they will plan revenge.
    (They have to prove they're 'The scum of the earth', don't they?).

I'm logging off now for the rest of the day.

In many cases the teens simply dont know what or where the device is they just hear a high pitched sound, think "what the f**k's that and get off". Its true some will seek revenge espcecially now their use is getting much more publicised, thats unavoidable but they will seek revenge at any other things that get in their way such as shopkeepers refusing to sell them ciggies, having cctv trained on them or whatever other things business owners do to protect their interests. Many youths who hang about shops arent necessarily that hard and wouldnt seek revenge, they dont actually think they are doing anything wrong but its about perception. To them they are having a laugh and sitting off, to a pensioner they are an intimidating presence with no respect who stop them going in and spending money. Thats why theres a need for a shop owner to need a deterrent, the devices are not harmful so if they are switched on/off as and when necessary I dont see a problem.

Partsky

God, I worry for my 12 year old (6ft lad). Most people want to belong. I was one of 9 so a couple of us together constituted a gang. AND we used to go the offie together, for a bottle of Schofields and some Smiths crisps. We were like moths, attracted to the lights!!! Most kids were and still are and not all are bad.

Most people simply see kids and feel uneasy but its a difficult one. I have served ASBOs on kids and not one of them had horns or a great big sign saying "I am a moron" who will harass, spit or abuse you (or worse)" on their hoodies. Not all gangs or bad but if I was serving in Thresher and 6 lads were messing about, yes, I would want a means of dispersing them.

I ok with the thing being available as long as its used responsibly. I always remember working with a couple of youth charities in Everton who asked the local youths what they wanted their group to be called and you know what they voted for? "We all live here" and thats what the project was called. Yes there are too sides to it.

Blog Entries

I have an open mind about the "mosquito",if a shopkeeper is suffering from gangs behaving badly then he should have some recourse to seeking some form of deterrence. A shop in the midlands had great success with this problem by playing Mozart,Bach and Schubert on speakers that were outside the store,the kids found it was'nt cool to hang around listening to old peoples music.
    As a lot of you have already said ,these children are the problem that has been caused by poor parenting,there are no moral boundaries any more.
    By abdicating responsibility for their offspring all of society is made to suffer.
    I don't know the answer,I'm not sure if I even know the question any more!!
    BrianD

How long before we see the makers of "Hooded casual clothing" bring out Mosquito repellent hoods, lined with tin foil?
    And to think years ago when people claimed to be getting harrassed by govt Microwave devices, we labelled them nuts!
    This technology must be used wisely before microwave weapons become available for every tom dick or harry. Surely the use of this technology in a public place is illegal, within or upon the land of a persons property fair enough. I don't like to see gangs of youths outside shops, and i wish i knew of a way to solve this problem, but i can see this method doing more harm than good.
    Don't mind if they make one to get rid of smackheads who hassle ye for a ciggy and 10p for the phone though.

sell them a licence to use it and make then fully accountable for the use and misuse carries a big fine, thats what is done with most things that people don't really want

One hassled me for 10p for a cup of tea once, 'I gave him 20p and said get me one too will yer'.

Blog Entries

, Has anyone else had the pleasure of actually hearing one of these devices?

I did today whilst getting money from the cash machine in Garston Village, outside sommerfield.

I heard something switch on (they must by movement sensitive) and the noise pierced my ears!

It was weird!

I'll take it as a compliment
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    , Has anyone else had the pleasure of actually hearing one of these devices?

I did today whilst getting money from the cash machine in Garston Village, outside sommerfield.

I heard something switch on (they must by movement sensitive) and the noise pierced my ears!

It was weird!

I'll take it as a compliment
    You should be glad mate your bodies staying so young they are only supposed to be heard by uner 20s, I have been to places where I know for a fact they are on but heard nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12