Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Up and Party?

Blog Entries

Smile Meet Up and Party?

This is an open invitation to all you Yo'ers ! Fred Billingsley of the Liverpool pub in James St. has kindly offewred the use of his upstairs bar for our very own get together. He is going to put on a spread for us so there is no need to bring sandwiches. Allwe need to know is how many of you good people are going o be there. It is booked for late afternoon on Wednesday the 8th of July. This has been done so that it does'nt conflict with that other great get together at the Eldonian. If you can let me know by p.m. or call me on07960360253, I'll make sure I can save you a corn beef sandwich. I am so excited at the prospect of meeting some of the names I have read postings from,so please try and come along,it should be a great day!!
    Cheers,
    BrianD

Blog Entries

Thanks for the post Brian, I have created a thread all of its own, hopefuly it'll be easier to spot and respond too

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

Yo Brian, we will be there, no probs.
    Good to see you back in the land of the bewildered.
    Kong

Blog Entries

That's a relief - thought you might go with the other date of July 1st and I couldn't be there. Put me down, Brian. I can have a two-night stay and go and see my Harrison Line cronies in the Crown the next day!

as im brians driver ill have to be there cheers clancy

Blog Entries

So far, it is me, Clancy and Brian from the Midlands, and Kong from the nether regions of Lancashire. What about those for whom the venue is on their doorstep?

Would truly love to as you all seem interesting people, however it's holiday season and bodies are thin on the ground in my workplace at the moment. I'm even having to miss the funeral of my wife's aunt today because I took time out to go to my next door neighbours last week. Weekends though - i'm anybodys
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Would truly love to as you all seem interesting people, however it's holiday season and bodies are thin on the ground in my workplace at the moment. I'm even having to miss the funeral of my wife's aunt today because I took time out to go to my next door neighbours last week. Weekends though - i'm anybodys
    Ged,
    It's late afternoon so I guess it will stray into the evening - can't you make it after work?

Will there be any grub left?. I finish in Skem at 6 so i'll do my best. I've got Brian's number, I see it's on this thread too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Will there be any grub left?. I finish in Skem at 6 so i'll do my best. I've got Brian's number, I see it's on this thread too.
    We'll save you a sausage roll. If there aren't any, I'll nip out to Sayers and get you one!

Brian,

I will do my very best to be there.

Chris.

Blog Entries

Brian,
    Getting a bit nervous. Finish on Friday for 3 weeks and everything in order for me to be away - so being in Liverpool on Wednesday was not a problem.
    But have now heard I've an informal interview tomorrow for a minor promotion - and it's fairly certain I'll get it. This brings a set of problems I wasn't expecting and being away from work this week could now be a problem. I'll leave it to the last minute to decide, after I see how things are going. I'll ring you if I can't make it.

I'm hoping no one cries off ill this week or on wednesday in particular. We're already on a summer hols skeleton staff with the workload increased on all of us remaining and I heard prelimenary sniffles from one lass on friday - saying nothing I already take the work's landline on divert to my moby - my mates call me buzby as i'm never off it, hope it's not true about signals/waves to the brain with having a moby glued to it all hours god sends.

Blog Entries

Hey Brian,
    any chance you could post a link to the story which led to Fred contacting you? I remember the basics but not whether it was on here or Sailors Home.

Blog Entries

Hi Kevin,
    I cannot remember the link, I have got Fred Mobile number,will that help? By the way you party goers,Clancy and meself+ wife are booked in for the night in a hotel that is within crawling distance of the Liverpool bar,so we wont't be going home early.
    Don't forget,we are dribbling in about 4ish and won't go until Fred chucks us out. See you there,
    BrianD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast