Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Aigburth District

Default Camping in Liverpool

Hi Everyone,

What do you think ? Do you think I'll be able to camp in the grounds of the cricket club next to the marquee at least i'll be in walking distance.

Cheers,

Sue.

Hi Everyone,
    I've given up the idea of camping and booked in to the Innkeepers Lodge (many thanks to Mark A for the suggestion).I believe the grounds might be haunted by the ghost of James Maybrick ,wouldn't want to be confronted by him but then again I could always ask him outright if he'd done it!
    Keep the faith

Sue

Hello, welcome to the forum

The minutes of the recent Three Parks Committee meeting is a right riviting read. No really it is. Most of the minutes warrant a thread in their own right especiialy the one about the man who puts rubbish in his own road so he can check if the council then sweep it up! I've just picked one at random I think might be of interest to the Aigburth crowd.

Its at http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/...6&MId=5856&J=2 if you want to read it all.

MOTION BY COUNCILLOR JOHN COYNE - PEDESTRIAN SAFETY ON AIGBURTH ROAD

The Committee notes that there are no safe crossing points to allow Fulwood Drive residents to cross Aigburth Road and, equivalently, no crossing facilities for residents in Eastfield Drive, Roxburgh Avenue, Wendover Avenue, Brentwood Avenue and Elsmere Avenue.

The Committee is concerned that traffic travels at excessive speed in that stretch of Aigburth Road. That traffic presents a deterrent to cyclists along Aigburth Road and to bus users who need to cross Aigburth Road to reach the bus stops.

Committee requests the Executive Board to instruct the Highways Manager to investigate the feasibility of installing a controlled crossing near the Fulwood Drive junction and in addition to consider the installation of speed and signal cameras at that location.

Minutes:

Agreed that -

The Committee notes that there are no safe crossing points to allow Fulwood Drive residents to cross Aigburth Road and, equivalently, no crossing facilities for residents in Eastfield Drive, Roxburgh Avenue, Wendover Avenue, Brentwood Avenue and Elsmere Avenue.

The Committee is concerned that traffic travels at excessive speed in that stretch of Aigburth Road. That traffic presents a deterrent to cyclists along Aigburth Road and to bus users who need to cross Aigburth Road to reach the bus stops.

Committee requests the Executive Board to instruct the Highways Manager to investigate the feasibility of installing a controlled crossing near the Fulwood Drive junction and in addition to consider the installation of speed and signal cameras at that location.

UPDATED 22 Aug 2007

Results of the Pedestrian and Vehicle survey:
    The survey was undertaken on 27 June 2007 between the hours of 7am and 7pm on the section of Aigburth Road between Normanton Avenue and Roxburgh Avenue. The results of this survey showed that the pedestrian demand was insufficient to justify the introduction of a pedestrian crossing facility in this area. There has been 1 reported slight injury accident in the latest 3 year period up to the end of December 2005. This accident involved a vehicle that had originally been parked, pulling into Aigburth Road and colliding with a vehicle travelling northwest bound. A pedestrian crossing cannot therefore be recommended in this location.

With regard to the request for a safety camera to be installed in this area, there are no plans to introduce fixed or mobile safety cameras through the Merseyside Road Safety Partnership (MRSP) in this area in the 2007/08 financial year, as the area does not meet the Merseyside wide agreed criteria.

However, the issue of vehicles speeding in this area will be referred to
    Merseyside Police requesting that they undertake speed enforcement,
    commensurate with their other operational duties.
    Last edited by GingerTheCat; 08-22-2007 at 09:33 AM.

It's a bit of stop and start activity in that part of Aigburth Road caused by the bunching up of traffic at the traffic lights at Aigburth Vale and Lark Lane. It's never really continuous, so the most anyone will have to wait will be about two minutes. I don't think another speed camera is the answer. The one between Lark Lane and Dingle Lane already causes drivers to break hurriedly and dangerously when they spot it. I'm not sure how many people would want to cross the road at Fulwood Drive? What is there to cross the road for?

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    It's a bit of stop and start activity in that part of Aigburth Road caused by the bunching up of traffic at the traffic lights at Aigburth Vale and Lark Lane. It's never really continuous, so the most anyone will have to wait will be about two minutes. I don't think another speed camera is the answer. The one between Lark Lane and Dingle Lane already causes drivers to break hurriedly and dangerously when they spot it. I'm not sure how many people would want to cross the road at Fulwood Drive? What is there to cross the road for?
    To get to the other side.

Blog Entries

Thw whole length of Aigburth Rd is gridlocked at rush hour, how long will it be until they widen this carraigeway?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

It's already a dual carriageway for its entire length, I can't see them adding another lane. One of the most attractive things about Aigburth Road is the central tree covered reservation, I'd hate to lose that. South Parkway car park needs to be extended to encourage more people to use the train. It's already close to full during weekdays - probably because it's free. Outside of the rush hour it's not too bad for a main road. People should be encouraged to use their cars less especially as this part of the city has excellent public transport.

Blog Entries

Just had a nice Tapas meal at Icon, Aigburth Vale. Intimate setting, nice food and friendly service. Well recommended
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Godburth Vale.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

These Tapas meals look tasty.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Libertarian

Hi mate you are almost as opinionated as me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Just had a nice Tapas meal at Icon, Aigburth Vale. Intimate setting, nice food and friendly service. Well recommended
    Thanks for the recommendation, Kev. I will bear Icon in mind for when I am in the 'Pool in May.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I live on the border between Aigburth, Mossley Hill and Sefton park and I think that Aigburth from about Tesco on Aigburth Road (St Michael's) all the way down to the other end is lovely. Up the top end is a bit rough. I had a friend who lived in the terraced houses up the top end and there were gun fights and things.

I went to Sudley and attended St Anne's Church so I know the south of Aigburth best and it's lovely.
    "Here's forty shillings on the drum for those who volunteer to come
    To 'list and fight the foe today - Over the hills and far away

O'er the hills and o'er the main, Through Flanders Portugal and Spain
    King George commands and we obey - Over the hills and far away"

Regardless of whether it's Aigburth or not, here's a pic of Sefton Park for your enjoyment.

That part Is the godlike part of Aigburth. Past that and you have St Michael's area where Tesco exists and scallies.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast