Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post

Personally I hate it.
    It looks like the Showcase Cinema on The East Lancs
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I believe Liverpool city council has offered EFC the land on Scottie RD by the tunnel where Bestway is. I think that would be the perfect location.. Few houses nearby, excellent road links, the regeneration of a rundown area and bringing the club back into Everton.
    I suppose this is all too much to ask,Wyness on the radio today basically said we need Tesco's money and they don't want to build it in an area where they will have any competition,they want to make huge profits on the back of Everton and that's why Kirkby is the only option.Kirkby is a win win situation for Tesco and that's why they don't want to consider Scotty Road,they would have the market cornered in Kirkby.Kirkby town centre will then slowly die as all of the profits will be syphoned off to some off shore account.Where there was once a family butcher there will be a boarded up shop.

Gnomie

Well said Paul

If this Scottie road offer is true then i think it should be explored.
    apart from Goodison, Scottie is the next best place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Well said Paul

If this Scottie road offer is true then i think it should be explored.
    apart from Goodison, Scottie is the next best place.
    The trouble is if they get the yes vote then contacts will be signed as soon as September and then it's all too late,Kenwright is nowhere to be found,I haven't seen him in the public eye telling us how it is.If there is a billionaire out there for Villa then there's one out there for Everton,the trouble is though the board are making too much out of the club for them to want to sell,how else would you explain football being awash with money and Everton spending 4.5 million in the transfer market? With players sold since January it works out like they've spent just over a million in the transfer market this Summer so somethings not adding up,it's about time fans started calling for Kenwrights head methinks.

we need Tesco's money and they don't want to build it in an area where they will have any competition,they want to make huge profits on the back of Everton
    Aren't Tesco already planning a big place nearby as part of the Great Homer Street development? They would have competition from themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffrey View Post
    Aren't Tesco already planning a big place nearby as part of the Great Homer Street development? They would have competition from themselves.
    That's just proves how gready they are then,they're popping up everywhere and sucking the life out of small businesses in the area.Have you noticed how all of the pictures of the new stadium are at night? This is always a red flag for a new development as everything looks nice lit up at night,just how many Premiership games are held at night? not many so what are they trying to hide?

New plan to keep Blues in the city

EVERTON fans will have a plan to keep the club within the city to consider before voting on a move to Kirkby, council bosses pledged today.

Leader Warren Bradley said the authority was pressing ahead with proposals to build a stadium on Scotland Road.

And he promised Everton season ticket holders there would be a viable business plan to consider before next month’s crucial ballot.

He has put together a project team to work with cash-and-carry firm Bestway to devise a stadium scheme which he hopes will be enough to convince the Blues to stay in the city.

Cllr Bradley also said the council would waive legal restrictions on what the location, also known as the “tunnel trumpet”, can be used for.

Everton have repeatedly said the only deliverable stadium project on the table is the £150m proposal for a 50,000-seater ground in Kirkby town centre.

The club insists it has looked at Liverpool council’s alternative sites, but none fit its criteria of being affordable and practical.

Cllr Bradley said: “Along with members of all the other political parties on the council and Bestway plc, I remain committed to ensuring Everton remain in Liverpool.

“We are continuing work with Bestway to develop a viable business plan for the development.

“A new stadium at the tunnel trumpet site would keep the club in Everton and, with the commercial development through partnership with Bestway, would transform this gateway to the city and regenerate the area.

“Evertonians should be able to see all the options before they vote. I can see no better option than keeping the club in the city and in Everton itself.”

Bestway, which has premises on the Scotland Road site, met with the Keep Everton In Our City campaign group earlier this week to voice its commitment for the proposal.

Head of property Malcolm Carter said: “We understand Everton’s current position and are aware supporters will have their say on where the future home of the club should be.

“We do not want to interfere with that process. Everton’s future is quite rightly a matter for the club and its supporters to decide.

“We are committed to maintaining a local presence for our successful business and this remains of the utmost importance to us.

“However, it is our belief that our existing site could accommodate a new home for Everton.

“I can also confirm our willingness to work with the council, the club and its supporters to explore how this possibility could be realised, if this is something that they want us to do.”

I think we should delay the ballot while we look into this more.

Blog Entries

What's with the latest round of headlines about literally everyone supporting the move?

Apart from the fans but that result isnt in yet is it?

All seems fishy to me.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Its hardly a fair ballot if flyers go out with the papers from the manager and chief executive supporting the move.

Personally I hate it.

Looks better than Goodison.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Looks better than Goodison.

No it doesnt Max..Specialy if its in Kirby.

How Isn't It better looking than Goodison because of It being In Kirkby?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    How Isn't It better looking than Goodison because of It being In Kirkby?

Because Max,It could be anywhere actually and in my opinion it wont be as good as Goodison...And as a Life long Evertonian who doesn't spout of on here because of the silly arguments but watched all the 66 world cup games (Bunked in when I lived in Wavertree Gdns) and followed Everton since my Dad 1st brought me to watch Cheeko Scott and followed the blues since then and watched the Likes of Davey Thomas crossing to Big Bob and even Tiger mate and Mick Lyons and the Great Colin Todd and Duncan McKenzie Theres only 1 place for an Everton ground..and its not in Kirkby mate...And thats the last I say about Footie...Oh..I got Jimmy Husband's autograph on me hand and never washed me hand's for a month.
    Never knew that did yer mate....Jimmy Who did yer say Maxie...Shame on yer Lad.

Last edited by Gerard; 07-31-2007 at 11:31 PM.

I would say Jimmy who though, I don't follow football.

I follow se boxing where we got 6 British world champs.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast