Thread: Norris Green - 2009

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Norris Green - 2009

I just want share some thoughts of my own about Norris Green; somwhere I've only recently become familiar with. Until not too long ago (I'm ashamed to say) I'd only ever passed through the estate a couple of times, and all I really knew - or thought I knew - about Norris Green was what I'd read in the papers. I'll admit, my view of the estate was largely very negative.

One thing that I always ask people though when they 'knock' our city is 'Have you actually looked around?'. Usually, they have formed their opinions from one news article or a negative story they have been told.

Anyway, the point of this is that since I met a girl from Norris Green, I've been spending quite a bit of time there, and - you know what - I've actually come to quite like the area. Sure, it's not without it's problems (but neither is any other area of Livepool, or indeed Wirral), but it ain't all bad.

I'd say that a great majority of the houses are well-kept, the shops I've been to are good and the people I've spoken to have been great - proper, true Scousers.

I've been having a read of the Norris Green website, which I've found very interesting - SEE HERE

I'll add some photographs this week too, I must take some photos of the fantastic shopping parades at Scargreen Avenue and Broadway. Now they would look great with a bit of money spent on them.

To me, this is a fascinating place. It's a brilliant example of 20s / 30s corporation development on a grand scale. I would love to have seen Norris Green in its prime, and I wonder now whether maybe one day there could be a return to those times.

I'm certainly glad I've discovered this thriving part of Liverpool, and I really would say to anybody that Norris Green certainly ain't all that bad...
    Last edited by Ross08; 05-13-2009 at 09:00 AM.
    My Merseyside StreetView photos on flickr