Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Garston News Views and Discussion

Exclamation GARSTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

I'm an old(!) pupil from the 60s and had two kids who went and one still there. One argument is that during the last reprieve 5 years ago, the school's future was dependent on the regeneration of the housing in the area. This has been excrutiatingly slow and, by the council's own admission, has really only just begun. We think that we should be allowed to stay open and reap the benefits of regeneration or the situation would be that the with the increase in population the remaining schools would not be able to cope and - guess what - portakabins or a new school would have to be built. The council cannot see past the end of their nose, but we know that already!!! the really sad thing is the lack of support from the Diocese of Liverpool. As the only Anglican school between Dingle and Woolton, and being 300 years old, you would think they would want to help. However, the silence has been deafening!! There are wider issues here - for instance being a Parish Church left without a Vicar. Of course the congregation of the Parish Church is very supportive, but the power and authority lie with the Bishop and the Diocesan Board of Education. Everyone who can write should write - have your say, get involved - PEOPLE POWER!! (Thanks for the opportunity to rant - and to get the point across when nobody elses seems to be listening).

Blog Entries

That's what we are here for Glad you have brought yourself to the forum
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

I'm an ex-pupil from the 80's Whats these rumours I've heared about backhanders eh?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Garston Church of England School

OOOOh! don't know anything about that one - would be interesting though, wouldn't it? All that good land and a little school stuck in the middle taking up the space...... I think we should be told......

Quote Originally Posted by kev
    I'm an ex-pupil from the 80's Whats these rumours I've heared about backhanders eh?
    Wash your mouth out, boy!

Ermine tastes much the same as sackcloth when there's nothing left to eat.

Blog Entries

I will try to attend the meeting
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Exclamation Garston Church of England School

As many people as possible need to be at the school that night - this affects everyone in the community. All the other schools should be worried as well as in Councillor Clein's words, Garston cannot sustain the number of schools it has now. The other schools in the area have falling numbers as well - not just C of E. However, the other schools cannot take pupils from every year group - so all the kids will be split up. Springwood has the PPI building fiasco to sort out, and of course none of the other schools are Anglican schools, the nearest is Bishop Martin in Woolton.

Put this date in your diary: 8 February 2006 @ 6.30pm
    Garston C of E School, Holman Road, Garston.
    Last edited by Kev; 01-27-2006 at 02:44 PM.

Sweetpatooti, i will also try to attend the meeting, i will also see howmany family and friends i can get there.

It seems to me that the church is hell bent on selling as much as it can lately so that it can make a lot of money from the regeneration / building that is going on in Garston.

Default garston church of england school

Thanks Garstonlad - we need to be packed to the rafters that night - as many people there as possible to show the Council and the Church what we think of all this. It's the Diocese that are not supporting us - the local parish church are all as angry as we are - Garston CE is the Church Day School so it is very much part of the local church community.

It affects all of the community - not just CE pupils - the implications of this go further - our kids have got to go somewhere after all so all the other schools must have their say as well.

Be there or be square!!!

Default GARSTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

Just heard that if there is anyone who find its difficult to attend the meeting at the school on 8 February 2006 at 6.30 pm due to lack of transport or who doesn't like to go out at night, there is a bus that will pick people up, free, gratis and for nothing. The bus will take people to the school and back home again. For more details ring the school and ask for a member of the Save our School Committee.

HAVE YOUR SAY - THE SCHOOL MUST STAY

Exclamation SCHOOL CAMPAIGN MOVES ON

From Garston Focus - LibDems newsletter:

Councillors Frank Roderick, Paula Keaveney and Peter Millea have been working with parents and campaigners to try to keep the school open. Says Frank "THIS SCHOOL IS A LITTLE GEM IN GARSTON. It does have empty places that's true, but I believe that as Garston and the surrounding area grows, there will be more and more families looking for places at primary schools. I would hate us to have a shortage of places in the future".

Have your say on 8 February 2006 at 6.30pm.

It's your history, your heritage and your future - tell the Council what you think!!!

Blog Entries

I'll be there - hope I don't forget
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Exclamation GARSTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

Dya honestly think I will let anyone forget!!!

Anyways - click on this link and register your views in the new Save Our School Website - also listed are e-mail addresses for the Bishop (I am sure her will love that), the Echo and the lovely Councillor Clein (!)

Get your letters in folks - don't miss the opportunity to have your views heard.

www.savegarstoncofe.co.uk

Blog Entries

I've just registered
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default GARSTON CHURCH OF ENGLAND SCHOOL

Nice one, Kev

Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast