Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Ken Dodd

Doddy is to play two shows in March 08 at St Georges Hall to celerate the capital of culture, talking about his 4 favourite Liverpool comedians.

I think Robb Wilton is one of them...
    It is Accomplished

Steven

I went to see Doddy on the Empire, it must have been about 4 years ago. I think he was only supposed to do 2 hours but he got carried away and the brilliant entertainer carried on for well over 3 hours.

Default Simply the best

Saw Ken in Bradford on Friday 21st.His audience just love him,The man is the best comedy entertainer this country has seen.His energy levels are just amazing.I have seen him twice before in Blackpool.His jokes are so fast it is nearly impossible to remember them.We are going to try to get in at the City Varieties in Leeds in March.I also watched the programmes on him over the Christmas period.The show an audience with-most of that material he told last Friday.He involves his audience so much.May he go on for a lot longer.There is one thing we will not see him on telly.That medium cannot do him justice,you can't keep Ken in a box.He drifts off then comes back to the joke he was telling.

I used to go and see Doddy on the Shakespeare Theatre in the early 1950`s
    in variety shows. He always included The Road To Mandalay in his act dressed up in safari clothes with a pithe helmet on his head and everything
    but the kitchen sink on his back.
    Before he became famous he sold Aunt Sally (liquid soap for non scousers) round the houses in Liverpool.
    gregs dad
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

chippie

Hello Greg,s dad, I saw that act live once and have seen it on tv. You can,t fault the bloke for being gutsy can you? But that stigma of his loot in his boot cannot go away from some scousers I,ve talked to about him. Also the fact that he was critising the council for not doing something for the building that caught fire and was pulled down and was going to be used as a laughter museum, while he was sleeping on millions of pounds. Perhaps these critics should go to one of his shows eh. and reestablish themselves to him?

He was an aunt sally man eh too. Ther used to be a song about that didn,t there?

"Sally, Aunt Sally pour it down the alley"

I saw Doddy last night/this morning at the Philharmonic.

He came on stage and you could tell he wasn't well. He was coughing quite badly and looked pale and I was fearing he may have to cut the performance.
    Not a chance...he was a real pro and as he continued, his health seemed to gradually improve during the course of the night.

The whole show lasted 5hrs (19.30-00.30) -with a half hour interval after 3hrs- and not once did he complain about his cold.

£17.50 for 5hrs is just amazing value from a professional entertainer these days.
    Great show - highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by macateb View Post
    I saw Doddy last night/this morning at the Philharmonic.

He came on stage and you could tell he wasn't well. He was coughing quite badly and looked pale and I was fearing he may have to cut the performance.
    Not a chance...he was a real pro and as he continued, his health seemed to gradually improve during the course of the night.

The whole show lasted 5hrs (19.30-00.30) -with a half hour interval after 3hrs- and not once did he complain about his cold.

£17.50 for 5hrs is just amazing value from a professional entertainer these days.
    Great show - highly recommended.
    5 HOURS Fantastic!!
    I saw him about 20 years ago on the "railway club" in Aintree, i went home cold sober because i dare not go to the bar and miss anything!
    He came on waving his Tickling sticks and said "Oh what a beautifull day for shoving bucketfulls of ice up yer girlfriends vest and saying now then how's that for that chest freezer you've always wanted!"
    Doddy is the bestest
    Mike Harding is the only comedian that could ever come (a close 2nd) anywhere near Doddy

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Devo View Post
    5 HOURS Fantastic!!
    I saw him about 20 years ago on the "railway club" in Aintree, i went home cold sober because i dare not go to the bar and miss anything!
    He came on waving his Tickling sticks and said "Oh what a beautifull day for shoving bucketfulls of ice up yer girlfriends vest and saying now then how's that for that chest freezer you've always wanted!"
    Doddy is the bestest
    Mike Harding is the only comedian that could ever come (a close 2nd) anywhere near Doddy
    Brilliant.
    Doddy is taking a young magician around with him when he tours.
    Magician is from Liverpool.
    Nice of him to get this kid some work.He did advise this kid to write down everything he earns (source:my brothers mouth)

Just heard on radio Doddy`s unwell some shows cancelled
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

That fits in with what macateb said in his post. (post no.82).

sounds like Doddy isn't too well.

2 shows in january have had to be cancelled and he is now in hospital, lets hope this isnt serious.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7166591.stm

Default KEN DODD

Just to say I am posting for the first time, my husband and i went to see " The King of Knotty Ash" the great Ken Dodd at the Philamonic on Sunday and what a performance I am sure its the BEST ever we were in stitches laughing all the time, we wonder just how he does it at his great age!

We have been to see him many times at the Southport Theatre and met him and what a nice person he is, we wish him the very best for the future and may he continue making us all laugh for many, many years to come, possibly with " SIR " in front of his name as he deserves it.

If Ken reads this " Well Done great performance "

Blog Entries

Hi and welcome, enjoy your time here and thanks for your support.

PS, hope you don't mind but I'll move this post to the Ken Dodd thread

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

A hernia his agent said, best wishes to Ken and glad all appears to have gone to plan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7166591.stm

Not sure if its been posted but this is Ken's official site with news and perfrmance dates.

http://www.kendoddshows.com/

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast