Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moving to Liverpool

We seem to be getting mixed reviews about all the areas I have mentioned,but it usually comes down to finances in the end,and we can't afford to live in the most desirable areas.I think gang problems a problem everywhere these days,I can't do anything about that,but I would like to be in an area that has good schools and transport links.At the end of the day,my wife will have the final say and we still have'nt managed to sell our own house yet,may need to reduce the price again(anyone fancy a move to sunny Rhyl).

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Boulter View Post
    We seem to be getting mixed reviews about all the areas I have mentioned,but it usually comes down to finances in the end,and we can't afford to live in the most desirable areas.I think gang problems a problem everywhere these days,I can't do anything about that,but I would like to be in an area that has good schools and transport links.At the end of the day,my wife will have the final say and we still have'nt managed to sell our own house yet,may need to reduce the price again(anyone fancy a move to sunny Rhyl).
    Exactly,the areas where there is no trouble at all,just dont exist! I'd suggest visiting your chosen areas,a couple of times,day and evening,just to get the feel of the place,before making a definite decision!

P.S.Liverpool failed to make the top ten burglary spots!

Sounds like good advice.I also read the 'burglary' item on AOL.Good news for Liverpool .In the top ten was LE3 (Leicester)where we used to live,and guess what,we were burgled 3 times,its not a nice experience but an unfortunate fact of life.A night out in Liverpool this weekend me thinks,(wifes birthday) so another good opportunity to look around.Keep the good info coming,its gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZappathing View Post
    Orrell Park...bad idea!!!
    Take it from someone who knows like me,. It's Walton and Rice lane gangs there.Just down the road is the Rice Lane wreck (a large field). This is used as an escape route onto the old railway line (transpenine route).

The problem here is people giving you advice when they don't really know what they're on about.
    How many of the people giving advice have actually "hung around" an area long enough to know what it's like. ?

If you like the Orrell park area then I suggest Longmoor Lane. Reason......
    long main road,nice houses and very rarely any trouble.

Job's a good un'
    My husband works in Orrell park and has done for approx 30 years. He knows more people there than he does in Anfield where we live. Orrell park has it's problems like every other district - nowhere is perfect. There was a time we considered moving there. The 'Field' roads, ie, Devonfield, Hollyfield, Kingfield, etc, and around Chatsworth, Stanley gdns, Orrell Lane and Bull lane are very nice houses.

Not disagreeing that it is probably is a tad rougher down by Rice lane end and over towards the wreck - but it's much nicer up along Orrell Lane and Moss Lane way.

Longmoor Lane is ok too.

Liverpool footballers have been burgled all last season in their posh mansions so the burglars will go where the spoils are to be had.

You know when you're in a downcast area - you don't bother getting burgled
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Even 'posh' Calderstones has been in the news lately - it comes to something when even that area expeiences problems !

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Boulter View Post
    I'm back again,still have'nt moved.Hoping to look at a few of houses in Walton and West Derby on Monday.Kirkby seems to be quite a competitavely priced area to buy a property in,is their any reason for this.It seems to mostly new(ish) houses,would prefer something old(Victorian etc) but new would be ok if it was big enough.Also Huyton has posibilities.Looked at a large house in Bootle last week,was ok but next door was in a terrible state,shame really as this put the wife off completely.Anyone know what its like around Hartington Road,seen a decent house their and it is south,as has been recommended by many people.
    Hartington Road off Smithdown is a good area Allerton is good with some decent terraces as well as semis good shops and plenty of bars and restaurants.
    Kirkby's price reflects the area a step too far alright for Knowsley etc but tough. Why not rent for while and go and discover for yourself- and teach your wife to drive- at least the Saab.West Derby is good with some good schools and a nice village feel don't know if the pubs get hectic there used to be a bit of bother.

Default Moving to Liverpool

Had a look at some new houses in Garston on the internet,so asked a mate at work what the area is like.He lives in Woolton and took a drive into the area to look for me and said it looks ok.I picked my daughter up from John Moore Uni on Thursday and took the long route over the Runcorn bridge.Lots of advice I've received recommended South Liverpool and I have to say,it looked very promising,so myself and Mrs Boulter will be viewing a few new house Sunday afternoon.Looks promising,also had our first viewing last week,so things seem to be improving.I always have a good feeling when we visit Liverpool (its a city thing) and can't wait to move.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234