Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving to Liverpool

Question Moving to Liverpool

Hello to everyone on this forum.I currently live in North Wales with my wife and 4 kids.We are planning to move to either the Wirral or Liverpool in the near future and I'm hoping someone can help me.We looked at a house in Tuebrook which was ok,but we don't know the area.Could anyone offer some advice as to were we should look to find good schooling and transport links.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Yo.

There are some very good areas of Liverpool and some not so good, you probably already know that.
    I live in the Old Swan area and find it to be a good place, with shops of every sort, the M62 on the doorstep, buses to all directions.
    I'm probably biased, but I'd say Old Swan.

Mart

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Boulter View Post
    Hello to everyone on this forum.I currently live in North Wales with my wife and 4 kids.We are planning to move to either the Wirral or Liverpool in the near future and I'm hoping someone can help me.We looked at a house in Tuebrook which was ok,but we don't know the area.Could anyone offer some advice as to were we should look to find good schooling and transport links.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
    Hi Rob,
    Welcome to the site, and Liverpool! I work in the Tuebrook area, and it's a pretty mixed residential area, with good local amenities,shops,sports facilities,and Newsham park.Transport is good, but I couldn't say much about schools,except to say there seems to be quite a variety! (It's also near to Old Swan!)

Blog Entries

Hi Robert, a warm welcome to the forum

Don't u fancy the Allerton/ Garston area? Tell us a bit more about if u are bying/ renting.

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Places on the Wirral are generally cheaper than over in Liverpool.

Wirral's a big place though, there's the more expensive, posher West side on the Dee.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I'd live in the South end of Liverpool but thats my preference. I find it easier to get to town from the South than the North and the roads are less congested from my end if you do drive or cycle to town(i cycle to town, drivings not worth it and i only live in Wavertree anyway). The roads are more straight too and less turns.

I'd live in Formby which is just outside Liverpool or live in Crosby though down tae north.

I like the Dee side of the Wirral and Port Sunlight and New Brighton but it's only good for a visit.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thumbs up moving to liverpool

Hello again,been a bit busy hence the late reply,sorry about that.Its great to get some feedback.I currently work at the Toyota plant in Deeside so don't want to be traveling to far for work.My eldest daughter is going to John Moore University in September and my eldest some(who's taken a couple off years out) is also looking to go there next year,so it makes sense to move.Will be looking to buy something with at least 4 bedrooms for under ?180000.We have always found the people of Liverpool to be friendly and are looking forward to moving.The Wirral is nice but the wife prefers liverpool and we're both city people,theirs just something special about living in a city and after looking at your forum,their are some great people their.Any feedback about were too look would be much appreciated.here's looking forward to many good nights out(and days)

Blog Entries

I'd advise moving to the south end, there are plenty of family residents in the allerton area.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Tracywheelchair tracywheelchair's Avatar

Hi Robert Welcome to Yo. I maybe bias here but i think Walton area is good area for familys with its good transport links, lots of schools, shops and plenty of properties available to buy and rent.

Default South Liverpool

I think Allerton Mossley Hill or Aigburth
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Hello again,been a bit busy hence the late reply,sorry about that.Its great to get some feedback.I currently work at the Toyota plant in Deeside so don't want to be traveling to far for work.My eldest daughter is going to John Moore University in September and my eldest some(who's taken a couple off years out) is also looking to go there next year,so it makes sense to move.Will be looking to buy something with at least 4 bedrooms for under ?180000.We have always found the people of Liverpool to be friendly and are looking forward to moving.The Wirral is nice but the wife prefers liverpool and we're both city people,theirs just something special about living in a city and after looking at your forum,their are some great people their.Any feedback about were too look would be much appreciated.here's looking forward to many good nights out(and days)
    Many students seem to live in south Liverpool in the Wavertree and Mossley Hill areas. So assuming your daughter is going to live at home, this would mean she would have other students to mix with in the same area. Property in south Liverpool can be expensive though. The area does give fairly quick access to Deeside, probably about 45 mins on a good traffic free day. Petrol travelling costs will be fairly high of course plus tunnel costs if you chose to go that way rather than Runcorn Bridge.

Smile Moving to liverpool

Well,I seem to be struggling to find out anything about Tuebrook.We quite liked the house we viewed last week,and I'm sure its a fairly decent part of the city.We are originally from the inner city parts of Leicester so should quickly settle down into city life again.I'm not too worried about the journey to work,its a good excuse to get my bike out(Yamaha fzr1000 exup.)Any bikers out their?Any how,the final decision will be from my other half anyway,so providing she approves of the schools,Liverpools ahead of the Wirral.Thanks for all your help and any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Check out L17, L18, L19

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...TC=on&index=10

They are asking 2007 prices, so reduce by 30% for a realistic price.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

My advice would be... stay out of Liverpool. Live on the outskirts it is often a nicer place to raise kids up in.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast