A fantastic Blog set up by Wayne Colquhoun:

http://liverpoolpreservationtrust.blogspot.com/

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Default Garston Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post

I don't see any comments about the now planning permission approved demolition of Garston Hospital

Thanks

Default Who are / what is the Liverpool Preservation Trust?

But who are / what is the "Liverpool Preservation Trust"?

I've see Wayne quoted for years - as "chairman" or "founder" of the LPT - in the local and national press, spouting off (not always in a very well-informed way) about what he thinks is wrong with Liverpool planning, and upsetting a lot of people who achieved far more than he has in the field of conservation in the process, but I can't find any evidence that an organisation (charitable or otherwise) called Liverpool Preservation Trust actually exists.

Is it just Wayne Colquhoun? and if not, how do I join?

Thanks

I have recently emailed Wayne the question I posed in the post above (rather more politely phrased).
    Fans of the Liverpool Preservation Trust may be interested that he first replied asking who I represented (answer, no-one), where I live, and to send a resume so he could consult with his "colleagues" on whether or not I was "suitable to become involved with LPT". So I explained, including my long-term voluntary involvement in various long-running heritage charities, and mentioned that I found his evasiveness a bit odd for an "above-board" trust.

I've just had this reply from him:

No thanks we do not think it would be suitable for you to be involved with us at this stage as you seem to be
    living in a completly different area.
    Thank you for your interest but we stay independant so as to avoid the heritage mafia.
    I for one frankly dont care what you think

Charming, like lots of con men. But since he doesn't care what I think, he won't care if I share what I think with readers of this forum, and ask the question, how long will it be before the Daily Post stop taking him so seriously? and how long will it be before he stops behaving in a way that drags effective conservation in Liverpool through the mud every time the "LPT" expresses his opinion about something?

Thanks

You're quite right Cadfael, he does a great job - I wish there were more like him in the city. You only have to read his blog to get the lowdown on what the local papers won't print ! An awesome amount of information, I can't believe he does all this as well as running his own business.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Gosh, lemme put my sunglasses on. I seem to have been blinded cos Wayne Colquhoun seems to have bent over.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast