Thread: Iris Jackson School of Dance - Anyone remember or attend classes pre 1958

Resident Hamburgscruff LiverpoolLou's Avatar

Default Iris Jackson School of Dance - Anyone remember or attend classes pre 1958

My mum, Paula Wood attended classes at the Iris Jackson School of Dance on Broadway, from 56-58. She was known for doing the acrobatics solos and solo tap to "the sunny side of the street". She was around 8. She also went to private lessons at Irises home.

Apparently, the group was well known and performed all over Liverpool. at diverse venues from old folks homes, to The Empire and at Alder Hey hospital.

She lost all her photos from that time and would love to get them back. Does anyone remember the school or my mum? If you do, reply to this thread.

Thanks, Lou xx

PS: I just realized I have posted this in the wrong forum. Admins may move, of course. My apologies!
    Last edited by LiverpoolLou; 04-29-2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Because I'm a sillyhead!
    Can't move to Liverpool anymore! Blub. I still need friends!http://myspace.com/retrosquee

Resident Hamburgscruff LiverpoolLou's Avatar

Just a little bump if I may?
    Can't move to Liverpool anymore! Blub. I still need friends!http://myspace.com/retrosquee

Default iris jackson

HI paula
    just read your message re. Iris Jackson.
    My daughter michelle who is 40 this year used to attend Iris,s house and did many shows with her on Empire and other venues.We used to live in road off her s in Victoria Rd tuebrook.We moved away in 1986 but always kept in touch with her.She moved into a retirment home in broadgreen when she got broken in to .Michelle went to visit her there.We have been in touch sending letters and cards but she passed away last feb.
    Sorry I cant help further but she has left her mark,on all she taught.
    My daughter is a prof singer and now her daughter has taken over and at 9yrs old is a dancer/singer and has just won her first singing comp in Australia were she now lives.
    All thanks to Iris
    Best Wishes christine