YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends of the park Rathbone park

Thanks

Post Friends of the park Rathbone park

I am new on the site but i am trying to gather some supporters for a group im trying to start ive been in touch with the relevant councilors and have the documents needed to help me along the way all i need now is some support to make the council listen. I have recently been redoing the pitch boundary marks for the children to play football . Supplying the paint myself along with the help of a local who walks his dog there his name is Andy . He payed for the paint to start the second pitch, and a big thank you to you. Well if i can gather support for a small group who would meet up every 2 months or so to discus plans for the park then i maay be able to get a grant for football sponsorship for the local children which would provide kits goals a portacabin to keep goals in and safe . and the council would renovate the pitch area and enter the cjhildren into local leagues with rathbone as there home pitch. anyone interested leave me a note thanks dean

ADVERTISING

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone pis 012.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	9993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone pis 004.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	9994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone pis 001.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	9995   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phone pis 011.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	9996  
    Last edited by obideano; 04-13-2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: adding pics

Thanks

Good luck. There's a few Swanites on here, one of which keeps smashing windows around Fitzgerald street. These pitches are a must for the likes of him.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

thanks for comment on the park , i am currently trying to get the council to provide the paint for the pitch markings i am hoping that with a few events called fit and fun in the park coming up arranged by the council that they might supply the paint for the pitches etc with it costing them nothing for the work to actually be carried out by myself. fingers crossed and ill update the site as and when i have news regarding plans for the park. Such a shame its been left to sit there empty when it had so much stuff in it when i was a child , play centre swings slides the lot. i am after pics of back in the days of the play centre etc if anyone can help. thanks dean

Thanks

Default rathbone park goodies

since my last post Rathbone park has received litter bins , dog poop bins and benches. i contacted local councilors to see about getting some flower beds put in but due to finances that couldn't be done . however councilors did offer to put large planted pots at each entrance to the park as a trial to see if they actually survive the kids and possible vandalism. if you care about the park contact derek.dottie@liverpool.gov.uk regarding any issues and im sure things will begin to happen .

Thanks

Good Luck to you. I think its marvelous you are trying to improve your area and are a doer.. not just a complainer.. Hope others will help in your quest.. It takes one small step..and maybe a neighborhood can improve for all..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obideano View Post
    since my last post Rathbone park has received litter bins , dog poop bins and benches. i contacted local councilors to see about getting some flower beds put in but due to finances that couldn't be done . however councilors did offer to put large planted pots at each entrance to the park as a trial to see if they actually survive the kids and possible vandalism. if you care about the park contact derek.dottie@liverpool.gov.uk regarding any issues and im sure things will begin to happen .
    Good luck on your project Dean, but dont expect too much from the council, you are not far south enough in the city for the council to get involved.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast