hi, small world with the net.

I have managed to salvage a wooden gym bench from the undergrowth, woodlice and wood worm. The bench is a what I would describe as a typical school bench. The original metal plate is still attached and reads: Hunt & Son 89-93 Windsor St Liverpool with a central motif (HHS). From looking at Google street map Windsor St has changed considerably but I would like to know if the business is still going or if anyone knew them. They may like to know the bench is currently in Saltford between Bath and Bristol.

The top piece of wood and metal fittings are in good condition but one leg is missing and the other has suffered from woodworm however a little TLC and it will be a good as new.

That's the trouble with the NET it allows us to research the weirdest of items. I probably wouldn't have bothered but someone left their bloody name on it?????? not that I have any ideas about returning it!!!!!!!! But it would be nice to hear if anyone remembers the firm etc just a little bit of history would be good. So go on ask your grannies and grampy's?

It will be put to good use as I salvaged it for my under 13 football teams circuit training although they may not be too impressed after 1000 sit ups or step ups.

Any piece of information would be gratefully received

Thanks

andy