Thread: Liverpool homeless centre in the heart of Liverpool?s night-time economy?

Blog Entries

Default Liverpool homeless centre in the heart of Liverpool?s night-time economy?

CITY planners have deferred making a decision on plans for a homeless centre in the heart of Liverpool?s night-time economy.

They say they need to make a visit to the proposed Parr Street site before they can make a decision on plans to relocate the Basement counselling and advice centre.

The application had drawn objections from the 33-45 Parr Street Studios development, which sits opposite the proposed site. One of the owners of the Parr Street complex is Cllr Gary Millar, whose fellow Old Swan ward councillor, Berni Turner, objected to the plans.

Alongside the Ropewalks Stakeholders Group and Bold Street-based shop Utility, Cllr Turner objected on the grounds that ?the existing homeless person?s facilities in the Seel Street area create considerable problems.?

But supporters of the Basement, currently housed in Bolton Street, near Lime Street station, said it would not mean crowds of homeless people queuing in the street.

LDP
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Sounds like there worried about city image that homeless people could create. Why are they only worried when it's for their own economical greed? There not worried about smashing good buildings down and replacing them with garbage because they get richer off it.

Better homeless people getting help than fueling drunken BS because alot of people can;t handle their booze or clubs with meatheads who abuse their position. The money they make from the night time economy will go to fixing the messups the night time economy has caused.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

When I think of homeless people Max, I think of old fellas with beards, like the ones that sometimes try and push you over when jogging around Sefton Park.

However, you've got the smackheads and other druggies that present the serious problems.

I remember once in town outside Central Station some skinny fella ask those words we all know too-well, 'Got any change mate?' and when I ignored and whispered, 'sorry mate' back he proceeded to walk alongside me and grab my arm. I informed the Police straight away.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

A bloke once asked me for thirty pence for a cuppa, I was inclined to give him 60p and say get me one too.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Each time I buy a Big Issue, someone takes it off me and gives me a pound.

When I saw/heard some young lad on the back of the bus,telling his 3 mates to take thier socks off,because then,you get more money,(you know the type,sitting on the floor,staring into an empty plastic cup!) I decided not to give money to anyone on the street,ever again! Now, I choose who gets my money,from home,and tell anyone who accosts me for money, to whistle!(or something like that)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    When I saw/heard some young lad on the back of the bus,telling his 3 mates to take thier socks off,because then,you get more money,(you know the type,sitting on the floor,staring into an empty plastic cup!) I decided not to give money to anyone on the street,ever again! Now, I choose who gets my money,from home,and tell anyone who accosts me for money, to whistle!(or something like that)
    Steve, it doesn't work for me. I've started using a dog.

Pennylane

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Sounds like there worried about city image that homeless people could create. Why are they only worried when it's for their own economical greed? There not worried about smashing good buildings down and replacing them with garbage because they get richer off it.

Better homeless people getting help than fueling drunken BS because alot of people can;t handle their booze or clubs with meatheads who abuse their position. The money they make from the night time economy will go to fixing the messups the night time economy has caused.
    Excellent Max ! People become homless for all sorts of reasons , and there is a stereotype and stigma attached to it , we need more homeless facilities in this city , we should be seen to be helping them , Max has nailed it perfectly , there's not much more that i can add .