Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Liverpool Clubs Of Yesteryear.

Default just my clubs of yesteryear

well guys have to start off with my first ever club and that was

THE BANYAN TREE under the adelphi
    THE OTHER PLACE
    BEACHCOMBER
    ANNABELLES with the glass dance floor
    COCONUT GROVE OH YEAH
    the last 2 have to be my all time faves met lots of top people and lots of really very very nice girls mmm

Have to give out a shout for a small club called the NALGO in Alder road west derby used to have a top nite on sundays and holds fond memories for me as I met my now sadly ex wife there.
    But it was a great venue and had some great sounds

Default Liverpool night clubs of the past

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Right me and Victoria have just went one one for about an hour talking about "The Quadrant Park" so there must be a thread in this subject because everyone has special memories of going clubbing,I suppose a quad thread would isolate most people so if you were a regular at a particular club put some of your memories down here.Whether you were there when "The Bier Keller" was kicking off (like me) and Listening to Groundpig has special memories get involved,were you there in "The State all those years ago? Did you go to "The Cavern" at the time of The Beatles or later on like me in the 80's,were you indeed lucky enough to go to the legendary "Erics"?Put down here the time when you were in your heyday and all those special memories.

First club I went to the Babbalou little under 18, we were told by the bouncer the ice cream palours is a round the corner.
    Top Rank that became Baileys, Victoriana, She & many more.
    I have in my memories box some promotion free tickets, I will scan them in the load them on to the site. ( 1973 era)
    beanie

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    It was at 12 Temple st.It was a butter storage warehouse,previously, and after the"Iron Door" closed,it became the "Pyramid"club!

(oop's,didn't read the whole thread!)
    Went there in the'80s when it was the Yankie Clipper

Thumbs up Did a few clubs over the years......

OK memory Lane,let's start with Eric's-saw XTC when they had their first album out,before that my Dad used to run the Nigerian Social Club on Upper Parly St so was in there quite a bit :-)

Being a musician I was in a few places by necessity,but was at the Timepiece All Nighter's,The Cumberland-never had the courage to go in the She club as I knew the ladies were way too hard for me..
    The Alharam,also on Upper Parly owned my my mate's Dad.
    Kirks,Plummers,The State,lived around the corner from Quadrant PK for years and wondered what all the racket was on a Sun night!
    Would never go in the Conte,not my crowd.
    Never went the Grafton,looked too dodgy at that time.
    Top Rank at the precinct only when you couldn't get in other places,but saw UB40 in there one night during their "dole card" album tour.
    My mate's mum used to work at the Wookey Hollow in Tuebrook,but that place was for the old farts and had singers on and what...
    Liked the Casa next to the Phil pub for years when we were music students as it was free and well laid back....
    Ibo,late in life...
    Took some Polish friends to see the outpourings at Cream at 3am in the morning when it was big,they never saw anything like it in their lives.
    Heeby Jeebies,Bourbon St and the other busy club that used to be on Seel St in the 90's...
    Played in the Gladray a few times and had a laugh,Gladys brought us in,I remember one night playing there while some old broad went down on the mic in the middle of the song and then retired to the corner somewhere to finish her party piece off with-can't be written what we saw- ........she got chucked out.
    Anyone remember Hollywood's?

Was a load more but can't remember as I'm getting an old fart these days.
    Just had the weekend in the pool so I'm stoked to come in here and drop a few lines,too many soz!
    Col.

Debra

The first night club i went to was Cindy's on Victoria St , it was owned by a friends of my Dad at the time , he had told them let me into any of the clubs as i was too young , so i had to wait until about ten people were in the doorway and try a sneak in , i was 16 at the time , then from there we'd go around to the tiger or the Babaloo , and the other place the Pez , the cumberland , then later when i was older we went to the state , charlies bar which was later Daley's dandelion ... So many .. I couldn't go to many places though without having to sneak in or hide in the corner because my dad knew everyone and they'd tell him i was in the clubs !! By the time i got older most of the places had closed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambo View Post
    OK memory Lane,let's start with Eric's-saw XTC when they had their first album out,before that my Dad used to run the Nigerian Social Club on Upper Parly St so was in there quite a bit :-)

Being a musician I was in a few places by necessity,but was at the Timepiece All Nighter's,The Cumberland-never had the courage to go in the She club as I knew the ladies were way too hard for me..
    The Alharam,also on Upper Parly owned my my mate's Dad.
    Kirks,Plummers,The State,lived around the corner from Quadrant PK for years and wondered what all the racket was on a Sun night!
    Would never go in the Conte,not my crowd.
    Never went the Grafton,looked too dodgy at that time.
    Top Rank at the precinct only when you couldn't get in other places,but saw UB40 in there one night during their "dole card" album tour.
    My mate's mum used to work at the Wookey Hollow in Tuebrook,but that place was for the old farts and had singers on and what...
    Liked the Casa next to the Phil pub for years when we were music students as it was free and well laid back....
    Ibo,late in life...
    Took some Polish friends to see the outpourings at Cream at 3am in the morning when it was big,they never saw anything like it in their lives.
    Heeby Jeebies,Bourbon St and the other busy club that used to be on Seel St in the 90's...
    Played in the Gladray a few times and had a laugh,Gladys brought us in,I remember one night playing there while some old broad went down on the mic in the middle of the song and then retired to the corner somewhere to finish her party piece off with-can't be written what we saw- ........she got chucked out.
    Anyone remember Hollywood's?

Was a load more but can't remember as I'm getting an old fart these days.
    Just had the weekend in the pool so I'm stoked to come in here and drop a few lines,too many soz!
    Col.

I bet you don't remember the Pun Club ?? (is that the busy club you mean in Seel st). .. but the Pun Club was 1970's not 90's

Kirklands and Hardman Street, Quinns on Lime Street and Quinns 2 near the Royal Court, which has so many mirrors inside it it used to make me dizzy, although that might have been the bottles of Diamond White.

Allansons up in Litherland too where Charlie Connolly (as in the Cameo Murders) was a doorman in the 70s.

Default clubs

I used to go to the Mardi Gras in Paradise Street. All the bands played there.

You must've been drunk, it was in Mount Pleasant
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    You must've been drunk, it was in Mount Pleasant
    It was on the left hand side as you went up the hill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    It was on the left hand side as you went up the hill.
    Didn't it then move to the same street as the Babalou - but further down? Same owners - the Irelands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Didn't it then move to the same street as the Babalou - but further down? Same owners - the Irelands.
    You might be right there Kevin. Did it go to Seel Street or was it Bold Street.

I could be getting mixed up with the Spot though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    You might be right there Kevin. Did it go to Seel Street or was it Bold Street.

I could be getting mixed up with the Spot though.
    Seel St. My mate was married to the owner's daughter for a while so we used to get in free.

When the Mardi closed it was owwned by Billy Butler and ?????
    There was talk of them opening up again in the old Hippy on West Darby Rd and be like the Hammersmith Odeon,with more big name bands.Don't know what happend to that idea but Butler opened the Back of the Moon in Heathfield St,off Bold St.The door was close to the foot bridge over the railway.I was a member but it just wasn't the Mardi.Went about 6/8 times then gave it up as a bad job.
    My membership card is on post 312.

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast