Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Legendary Liverpool Clubs Of Yesteryear.

Very close Kevin, it was Ugly's Music Motor.

BTW, what were the shootings mentioned involving the Knightsbridge? I've been living in Australia since 79 and never heard about it.

Hi all,What about us drinking and driving in the 60s, the mates and i would think nothing of driving out to the Neptune ,Preston brook,Carlton Warrington,Salter Weaverham,Paradise club Wigan,The Garrick in Leigh,The Regency Widnes even the twisted wheel Manchester,a gang of us would travel from Liverpool on a Sunday night to the Cherry tree and Red admiral in Runcorn (why i can't remember),it might not seem far now but no motorways then,let's here some more cheers Johnny

Does anyone remember a pub near the Victoria Monument known as The Round House?

I used to work at the Chequers in the late 60's early 70's. Wally & Findlay on the door - what characters they were! I loved working here, great people I worked with too - Claire, Joan, Barbara, Marie to name a few. Tommy Barton was the owner when I first started there; then Wally Booth took ownership. Roy Adams used to often come in. He wrote a book "Hard Nights" this is a great book on Liverpool Clubs.

Hmm!

Cavern, Iron Door, Mardi Gra, Cabaret, Pink Parrot, Rumblin Tum, 21 Club, Embassy, Glad ray,Shakespear, Athenaium, and more. Had a few nights in many of them in the sixties and seventies. Still remember the hang overs, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie2 View Post
    Hmm!

Cavern, Iron Door, Mardi Gra, Cabaret, Pink Parrot, Rumblin Tum, 21 Club, Embassy, Glad ray,Shakespear, Athenaium, and more. Had a few nights in many of them in the sixties and seventies. Still remember the hang overs, but not much else.
    Got to a couple of those,early 70's,but now all gone,bar the Cavern!(as it is now!)

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243