Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Liverpool Clubs Of Yesteryear.

Yes Steve and it as O'Connors.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Has anyone mentioned...Pete's bar? can't remember whereit was exactly,tink it was seel street area?....too zonked to remember going there a few times...was open till 4 in the morning and had allsortsin the place ie ship crewor any boat that docked in from all over the globe.

I swear they had wooden crates and empty beer barrels for seats.

Liverpool Photographer Gerard Fleming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Machine View Post
    Was sat in the window of The Fly In The Loaf other day and was trying to rememeber the name of the club/bar that was above the wine store across the road, on the corner of Pilgrim Street. Entrance was a side door and I think there was an upstairs and possibly a downstairs to it... can anyone remember what it was called?

Hiya Fruit Machine...

I cant remember a club/bar above the wine store on the corner of Pilgrim St/Hardman St..

But it was'nt Chaucers if there was one..
    which was previously O'Connors Tavern
    Chaucers was on the other side of Pilgrim Street on the opposite corner..

O'Connors Tavern later became Chaucers...
    Chaucers later became Bonkers fun pub.
    it closed around 2003 and became a fancy dress shop...

Next door to O'Connors/Chaucers building was Plummers..

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post
    Has anyone mentioned...Pete's bar? can't remember whereit was exactly,tink it was seel street area?....too zonked to remember going there a few times...was open till 4 in the morning and had allsortsin the place ie ship crewor any boat that docked in from all over the globe.

Peters Bar ?... corner Peters Lane, Hanover Street..?

Situated in dinghy cellar warehouses under Hanover Street..
    and one rough place..

Chinese business men would gamble the night away..
    playing cards and pool for ridiculous amounts of money...
    I used to play them for money when I was barred from a good few pubs around town that had pool tables..
    Liverpool Days... << my website of Liverpool images

Hi Ged,

Thanks for replying. It was deffo above, or under the wine shop on the corner, not the place you're talking about. There is a pub sign still hanging there. I was very young when i went there. It must have been around 1990, and I remember there were two levels.

Thanks, Ian

Sorry FM, my mistake, Gerard has put it right on his post above.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgePorgie View Post

Yes I mentioned this earlier in this thread, it was called the QT owned by Peter Stockley on Peter st off the bottom of Hanover street. I had a stand up face to face massive row with Peter one night, next night some kid went to argue with him so Peter pulled a gun and shot the lad through the head.

Quote Originally Posted by surestart View Post
    Yes I mentioned this earlier in this thread, it was called the QT owned by Peter Stockley on Peter st off the bottom of Hanover street. I had a stand up face to face massive row with Peter one night, next night some kid went to argue with him so Peter pulled a gun and shot the lad through the head.

Those were the days eh Tony.!...
    Hows your Mike ?... is he still DJ'ing ?

No mate, hasnt Djd since he left the rink. Are you going to the ice rink reunion Gerard ?

Quote Originally Posted by surestart View Post
    No mate, hasnt Djd since he left the rink. Are you going to the ice rink reunion Gerard ?

PM on its way to you Tony.... check your messages mate.

THE HOTSY TOTSY YOU COULD GET IN WHEN YOU WERE 12

I remember it well. North St off Dale Street. I lived in the next street, Trueman St. That's where we used to pracky Cozzy.

Default The Cavern lunch time sessions

When the Cotton Exchange still traded in Cotton in the early 60's I was an office boy for a firm on the ground floor-James Platt and Co. A pal of mine in the same trade worked around the corner in another building (Orwell house?) His name was Alan Freer and he was a good pal. He had started going to the Cavern club for his lunch break and one day he talked me into going with him- it was fantastic! I don't think I ever missed one lunchtime there for a whole year after the first intro.They had on most of the Liverpool groups then and some from Manchester. Saw Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas a great instrumental group,there. The Beatles, of course, with Pete Best as drummer. Gerry Marsden and the Pacemakers ( I know- we all need pacemakers today!) The Big 3, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes. The Undertakers, Some great visiting acts also, like Gene Vincent, Johnny Kid and the Pirates, a US one hit wonder with a great voice was the guy who sang-Hey Baby- Bruce Channel. When the Twist became a popular dance we saw a group from the US called Pepe and the New York Twisters. I think Roy Orbison also appeared then but maybe not in the lunch hour. Great times great days and great music, now all just great memories. The strange thing is about those times- I was there almost at the birth of the famous Mersey Beat but within a year, just as the Beatles went onto record fame I gave it all up and became a dedicated Country music fan! I began to follow Hank Williams ( in retrospect ) and Hank Snow and whoever else was around in those days, Marty Robbins and Merle Haggard. The British music scene was fast changing and Country music seemed easier to keep pace with.

Blog Entries

Givin my age away now.But the best club for entertainment was (I think anyway) The Wooky Hollow,on Belmont Road.Does anyone remember Lovelace Watkins?On the doors were Alan Webster.Jimmy and RitchieFeeny.Compere was Bobby Shack.Terry Phillips was the owner(Body-builder)Great/Happy Days had by all.Problem was the Artists were wanting more and more money,so in the end that was the death knell for many of the best clubs in the North!

Default TIMEPIECE Club ?

Does anyone here remember the TimePiece Club in Fleet St...
    Looking for Stories, Pictures, club cards, memorabilia...but mainly info on who went there - Groups, bands, artists, etc..
    Les the DJ has just done a night at Leaf on Bold St....Great memories, and he's still GOT IT !!!
    Cheers
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Wizz View Post
    Givin my age away now.But the best club for entertainment was (I think anyway) The Wooky Hollow,on Belmont Road.Does anyone remember Lovelace Watkins?On the doors were Alan Webster.Jimmy and RitchieFeeny.Compere was Bobby Shack.Terry Phillips was the owner(Body-builder)Great/Happy Days had by all.Problem was the Artists were wanting more and more money,so in the end that was the death knell for many of the best clubs in the North!
    Yes, I went there a few times and it was great because it was 10 mins up the road from our street, I could walk home - no worries about taxis. I remember Lovelace being on there but I didn't go to see him. I think my dad did
    I saw the Chi-Lites on there. I was very young at the time - about 18.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoMan View Post
    Does anyone here remember the TimePiece Club in Fleet St...
    Looking for Stories, Pictures, club cards, memorabilia...but mainly info on who went there - Groups, bands, artists, etc..
    Les the DJ has just done a night at Leaf on Bold St....Great memories, and he's still GOT IT !!!
    Cheers
    D
    There has been quite a lot of chat here about the Timepiece -- just a matter of hunting through all the posts I think it should be in this thread somewhere along the earlier posts.

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast