Thread: Garston Hinterlands Taxidermy Project

Blog Entries

Exclamation Garston Hinterlands Taxidermy Project

Mrs Kev commented on an owl she saw 'Under the Bridge' a while ago, we discussed its possible escape from somewhere. Little did we know it was part of an art project called, 'Garston Hinterlands'.

Garston Hinterlands intervened in the otherwordly space under the railway bridge that bisects the suburban area of Garston. A series of taxidermy creatures took up residence on lamposts and railings, while a TV powered by a car battery relayed live images from a CCTV camera set on the landscape above the bridge.
    The discarded technology and fauna weaved itself temporarily into the fabric of life under the bridge, becoming witness and guardian to the buses, pigeons, cars, local residents and church-goers who frequent the space. The creatures drew significant attention, and were gradually adopted by passers-by until there was no trace left.
    People passing took photos with their mobile phones and were overheard talking about city foxes in their gardens.

http://www.seanhawkridge.com/?page_id=225
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Stuffed animals in Garston

Nice one Kev. Perhaps we can have a flock of stuffed owls on top of Garston Hospital to frighten away the developers who want to knock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    Nice one Kev. Perhaps we can have a flock of stuffed owls on top of Garston Hospital to frighten away the developers who want to knock it down.
    "Or perhaps 'Stuff the Developers' Taff, But please tell me, Has there been no organised objection to the proposed demolition? surely the Main Block could be preserved, and additional structures added to provide a more 'up to date' facility! As for the owls Kev, there used to be plenty of them in my early years, especially around Springwood Cemetery,and surrounding area.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Nice one Kev. Cracker pics.Well spotted Mrs Kev
    Ta for the info

Just seen he did the same thing at the bluecoat. Not as good as he put Ipods on the animals.
    Last edited by ItsaZappathing; 03-01-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Cheers peeps
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Any chance of doing something with the council and putting them in the new museum?

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar

I love the fact that someone took the time to carry out work like this in Garston.
    I remember first of all being drawn to the fox, thinking what the hell is this?
    Then the kids pointing out the other parts like the telly and trying to work out what it was all about.
    I hope people carry out more stuff like this in the future, the lady with the bag is a friend of mine, also the 2 young girls are friends of Hallie.

It just shows you that people can be exposed to art right on their doorstep.

Default Garston Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Norm NZ View Post
    "Or perhaps 'Stuff the Developers' Taff, But please tell me, Has there been no organised objection to the proposed demolition? surely the Main Block could be preserved, and additional structures added to provide a more 'up to date' facility! As for the owls Kev, there used to be plenty of them in my early years, especially around Springwood Cemetery,and surrounding area.
    Oh yes there's a lot of local opposition to the plan to knock the hospital down and suggestions have been made to incorporate the original 1914 building within a new complex. An application has been made to have the building "listed" by English Heritage. Listing means that English Heritage consider the building worth preserving as it has some architectural merit. We shall just have to keep our fingers crossed and perhaps a few words with Him up there might not go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    suggestions have been made to incorporate the original 1914 building within a new complex.
    That would be good if that might happen.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    That would be good if that might happen.

Chris
    "I Agree, Chris! that would solve the problem for 'old' and 'new'! (both people and buildings) Cheers