Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International Slavery Museum

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    Yep. And stop making out that Liverpool was founded on the slave trade, which it was not. Slave transporting was a sideline.
    True!

Blog Entries

The `Americas`had white Slaves before the African ones. They were the `criminals` who were deported to work in the Colonies.
    The African trade was also run by the Africans, the coastal tribes went inland and captured members of the Inland tribes and they sold them to the Slave ships. They were just as guilty as the white traders.
    On the slave ships according to one book I read, more Seamen died on that trade than Africans, it was known as `White Mans Grave,` and `Beware the Bight of Benin, many sailors go in very few come out`. are very well known sayings from that time.
    . The death toll on the ships for the Sailors was quite bad and the conditions they worked and lived in.
    The slaves on the ships were not too badly treated
    They were auctioned on the other side. To get a good price a slave had to be in top condition, strong and healthy. A slave in poor condition, weak and crippled was of no use to anyone and they did not get a good price. The name of the game was to make money so they kept them fit and healthy.
    President Monroe bought up a large area of land in West Africa and called it Liberia for liberty and the capital was named Monrovia.after President Monroe. All the slaves and their decendants were given a chance to return to Africa, very few accepted.
    If I was the decendent of an African slave and given a chance of living in the United States or West Africa then I know which one I would chose. I would definately Not go back to West Africa. For the decendents the slave trade was a good thing for them.

Do gooders today are always trying to make us feel guilty for slavery. I have never heard anyone complaing of the white slaves. hundreds of thousands of British and Irish were transported to the Indies and Virginias, then when the African slaves came in they were then sent to Van Diemans Land. Tasmania and Australia. for slave labour. The death toll was terrible. They were beaten , shot, lashed and starved, it did not matter, more were coming in, free.
    Where are the history books on this?
    Where are all the Museum displays for all those poor people?, where are the monuments? Where are all the Do Gooders? are they protesting? are they doing going to build monuments to them.?
    Has any kind Do Gooder out there got a good word for the white slaves, will they campaign on their behalf?.
    LET US NOT BE ONE SIDED ON THIS ISSUE. Will the Museum do a display of the White Slaves. ?????????????? Many many thousands were shipped to the other side of the world from Liverpool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12