Thread: Liverpool?s Year of the Environment Liverbirds ?R? Go

Blog Entries

Default Liverpool?s Year of the Environment Liverbirds ?R? Go

THE Liver Birds will be going green to mark Liverpool?s Year of the Environment.

Community organisation Liverbirds ?R? Go have become one of the first community groups to be named as green ambassadors.

The group travels across the city, working with schools, businesses and churches, encouraging them to design unique liver bird costumes.

The team also tells stories, myths and legends about the special birds. For 2009, the Liver Bird lovers have pledged to use all recycled material to produce their costumes and their story times will have a strong environmental message.

The organisation will be making their first contribution as ambassadors by helping young children at Pleasant Street primary school make eco-friendly Liver Bird costumes on Monday.

They will be made entirely from recyclable materials such as feathers, cardboard and fabric and will sport the official Year of the Environment logo.

Chairman of Liverbirds ?R? Go Geoff Jackson, said: ?It?s fantastic to be part of this special green year and I hope that we?ll be able to create a flock of liver bird ambassadors, young and old, who can fly the green flag across Merseyside.?

Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Year of the Environment 2009

I don't think too much of the Year of the Environment 2009. At the moment, it only has meaning for business and civic partners. It means nothing for anyone else. It isn't even ready and nothing is going on.

I have more to say on my blog -http://asifforlife.wordpress.com/200...n-the-titanic/