YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nurse Suspended for offering to Pray

Thanks

Default Nurse Suspended for offering to Pray

A Christian nurse was suspended after offering to pray for the recovery of an elderly patient.

ADVERTISING

Caroline Petrie, 45, was accused of failing to show a commitment to equality and diversity after the incident and is now awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.

The community nurse who carries out home visits in North Somerset, has been suspended by the primary care trust and could lose her job. The married mother of two argues she did not force her beliefs on anyone but simply asked if the woman would like a prayer said for her, as she has done with other patients.

www.liverbuild.co.uk chrismarsden's Avatar
    Thanks

Why am I not too surprised by this story.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Farley View Post
    A Christian nurse was suspended after offering to pray for the recovery of an elderly patient.

Caroline Petrie, 45, was accused of failing to show a commitment to equality and diversity after the incident and is now awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.

The community nurse who carries out home visits in North Somerset, has been suspended by the primary care trust and could lose her job. The married mother of two argues she did not force her beliefs on anyone but simply asked if the woman would like a prayer said for her, as she has done with other patients.
    Another example of why the UK is screwed and people choose to live elsewhere

Thanks

I pray for these people making these decisions. It's they that need suspending, from a beam with a rope.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

Statistically you have more chance of your illness worsening if you know you are being prayed for.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=512467

Still, who cares if she prayed for her or not.

Thanks

I've written to the hospital concerned as I feel very strongly about this matter. There was no need to suspend the nurse; they could have just given her a warning if they though that was necessary. I can't see that prayer has ever done anyone any harm, and people who are ill are often grateful for a prayer - whether they are churchgoers or not.
    There is more power in the open hand than the clenched fist

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast