Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kensington District

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Ice ice baby

sorry
    The scary and ironic thing Is that Hair would suit you Kev!

Gididi Gididi Goo.

Fly-tipping, broken glass, troublemakers... £62m isn't going to remove the people who do this, so why are these things relevant?

Also, how will Mr Faragher lose out being 6ft away from the 'dividing line'. It's not like they're going to post a cheque through every letter box on the 'south side' is it?

I lived in Kensington for 3 years (2 on the north, 1 on the south), and there were lots of problems. The park was dangerous at night, if you cycled down Kensington high street in the evening you were liable to have stuff chucked at you, and on the one my mate stopped to phone the fire brigade to report a burning building he was chased by stone-throwing scallies.

All the time you have people that don't care about their neighbourhood, and who will 'sh1t on their own doorstep' by smashing bus shelters, phone boxes, kid's play areas and public areas, you'll always have these problems.

Max, those videos are awful. Really awful. How can people get off on that kind of behaviour? It's crazy seeing stuff like that, literally yards from where I used to live.

We've got a big problem in this country, and this is just the start. Just wait until the offspring of this lot 'grow up'. I mean, guns (apparently 'real' or at least blank firing), hanging cats, beating up strangers... WTF?!!
    Last edited by snappel; 04-10-2007 at 03:41 PM.

I find It funny how crazy and stupid they look and sound.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Nowt wrong with Kenny - people are travelling all the way from Gdansk, Katowice, Krakow, and Wroclaw to live there.

Seriously tho' - it isn't great for the people livin' on the other side of the divide livin' with the uncertainty of if/when their homes are goin' to be demolished.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yci2-Mjntlc

Man, the Liverpool accent sure makes things funny on these videos.

I think I recognise that part of Kenny too!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Kenny Riot Squad La with Scarface music!
    Funny how they use music by black rap artists but are in fact rascists themselves!

EDIT: That car they hit in the video you posted above isn't even a patrol car! It's just the mobile 'scientific unit'. Doesn't even have blue lights on it as it's not for response or tackling criminals.

Blog Entries

A NEW fire station and shopping complex at the heart of a deprived community has been given the go-ahead by councillors.

The £10m neighbourhood centre will now be built on the former Silver Blades ice rink site at the corner of Prescot Road and Beech Street, Kensington.

It includes shops, offices and modern apartments in Prescot Road and nearby Lister Road, aimed at halting the drain of businesses and residents from the area.

The Grade II-listed building at 10-12 Prescot Road will be refurbished into flats under the plan.

The Lister Hotel will not be affected, although the row of shops between it and the listed building will be pulled down. continues....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Anyone living in kensington interested in getting involved

While C7, the city council, liverpool land and KNDC are all making a total F*ck up of the housing in the area it seems there might be a solution or at least the opportunity for some members of the community (i.e. people who actually live in the area and are committed to the area0 to make some inroadS into the redevelopment quagmire, if you want to see something shocking have a walk aroudn the Royston street area.

It seems there is a legla entity called a CLT, a community land trust which local people can set up, the idea being that this body aquires land or property and devleop it for the good of the community, either as housing (sell or rent) or shops or workspace. The government is keen to let communities to do this and if you go the CLT website you can see how it all works.

http://www.communitylandtrust.org.uk/

So basically if there is anyone out there interested ins etting one of these CLTs up for Kensington please get in touch with me sfaragher@hotmail.com

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

I went along Kensington the other day and was disgusted to find the old Shopping Blocks in the Albany Road area upto Farnworth Street were being demolished. I thought these were all conserved as part of Kensington Fields????

Kensington Its sad to see these go as they do form an integral part of the Kensington street-scene in my view. Without these, Kensington will loose its identity and a sense of history seeing as most of these blocks have datestones on them too. Why is it "Regeneration" all too often means demolition? Clearances don't solve problems, if any, they make an area worse.

Kensington I predict these will go if they haven't already. Are there any plans to renovate more of these buildings? Its what was done down the other end of Kensington, so why not here?

Answers on a postcard please!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Default Links...

The shops that have been demolished recently were between Saxony Road and Empress Road (everything inbetween). I passed earlier this week and not much was still standing. Kensington seems to be getting picked off, block by block. Another block was demolished a couple of months ago (just over the road from these ones). I think it was a pub.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25632502@N00/1499447851/
    Last edited by marky; 10-07-2007 at 01:34 AM.

Default six foot does make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Fly-tipping, broken glass, troublemakers... £62m isn't going to remove the people who do this, so why are these things relevant?

Also, how will Mr Faragher lose out being 6ft away from the 'dividing line'. It's not like they're going to post a cheque through every letter box on the 'south side' is it?

I lived in Kensington for 3 years (2 on the north, 1 on the south), and there were lots of problems. The park was dangerous at night, if you cycled down Kensington high street in the evening you were liable to have stuff chucked at you, and on the one my mate stopped to phone the fire brigade to report a burning building he was chased by stone-throwing scallies.

All the time you have people that don't care about their neighbourhood, and who will 'sh1t on their own doorstep' by smashing bus shelters, phone boxes, kid's play areas and public areas, you'll always have these problems.
    where I live now, just inside L6 ie first house outside L7 regen zone means, we cant get signs up about fly tipping (no money) street lighting is significantly worse in L7 (dull yellow sodium as opposed to broght mercury vapour), the "Clean Team" again dont work in this area??? Stree clean ups paid for by KNDC

Default eight years and all we've got as an answer

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post
    I went along Kensington the other day and was disgusted to find the old Shopping Blocks in the Albany Road area upto Farnworth Street were being demolished. I thought these were all conserved as part of Kensington Fields????

Kensington Its sad to see these go as they do form an integral part of the Kensington street-scene in my view. Without these, Kensington will loose its identity and a sense of history seeing as most of these blocks have datestones on them too. Why is it "Regeneration" all too often means demolition? Clearances don't solve problems, if any, they make an area worse.

Kensington I predict these will go if they haven't already. Are there any plans to renovate more of these buildings? Its what was done down the other end of Kensington, so why not here?

Answers on a postcard please!
    Eight years in the planning, with a budget of £62 million, and all they can think of doing is knocking it down and throwing some grass seeds down, not very imaginative 2 out of 10 Cath Williams you must try harder. Not exactly what I'd call regeneration......demolition and cultivation, I was thinkign of buying a few sheep when the grass has established and raise some local Kenny Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    The shops that have been demolished recently were between Saxony Road and Empress Road (everything inbetween). I passed earlier this week and not much was still standing. Kensington seems to be getting picked off, block by block. Another block was demolished a couple of months ago (just over the road from these ones). I think it was a pub.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25632502@N00/1499447851/
    I was sorry to see them go too,however now that they have gone,I think it looks better,especially once they get the grass down. As you can see from the pix,one block had most of the roof missing [and had had for years] whilst the other narrower block had the central third missing anyway. I expect it would have cost too much to renovate the former and insert new build into the missing section of the latter. I hope no more go,though. On the plus side,the large house next door to where the post office used to be has been done up.

Dave.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast