Thread: Scrap Metal Liverpool Post WW2

Question Scrap Metal Liverpool Post WW2

Can anyone help in my search for a Scrap Business that was located somewhere around the South-End of Liverpool City Centre during WW2 (circa 1940's)

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the business or its address. Where should I begin to research this ?

It would probably help if you said which firm or even gave a clue as to which company it might be. I know a firm called Louis Rifkin operated before the war. It is still in existence and now operates from Kirkdale. If you ring the people there they may be able to give you some pointers. It's called L Rifkin Liverpool Ltd
    Last edited by Cagsy; 01-03-2009 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsby View Post
    Can anyone help in my search for a Scrap Business that was located somewhere around the South-End of Liverpool City Centre during WW2 (circa 1940's)

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the business or its address. Where should I begin to research this ?
    If you don't know the firm's name, you have a problem !! Try the Liverpool Kelly's Directories for the period. Available at the Liverpool Record Office, Central Library.