Thread: Poet and painter Adrian Henri

Blog Entries

Default Poet and painter Adrian Henri

Poet and painter Adrian Henri, who was part of the Liverpool literary scene in the 1960s and he had been awarded the Freedom of the City of Liverpool just before his death after a long illness aged 68.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post

Poet and painter Adrian Henri, who was part of the Liverpool literary scene in the 1960s and he had been awarded the Freedom of the City of Liverpool just before his death after a long illness aged 68.

I had the pleasure of working with Adrian at the Liverpool College of Art, foundation course, in the late 1960's.
    He was supposed to be lecturing in Liberal Studies (John Gorman was also there at this time).
    I was a part time lecturer, working on the top floor and trying to teach 'Life-Drawing.'
    Adrian was a real character and organised many poet meetings, in O'Connors ( His Cynthia Egg) Also a very good one in the Bluecoat Chambers. With Dave Clapham. This involved Yoko Ono inviting members of the audience to come onto the 'stage.'
    A sack was then placed over both while they danced around.

Sorry, to admit, I was one of the volunteers.

I have many great stories about Adrian, even though I worked with him for only a few weeks. If you are interested, perhaps I could PM them to you. I don't want to hog this thread.

Libertarian

A giant of the artistic world. I think something should be done to honour this man in culture year.

Only ever met him once, in a bar opposite the Collisium in Rome, in 77, before the final. Very, very, funny bloke. I agree with SUB must be honered.